𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 49

One year later....

Amelia

I lazily opened my eyes but I could hardly move. Kyle's strong arm was tightly wrapped around my body, my back pressed against his chest and his warm breath tickling the nape of my neck. I smiled and slowly turned myself to him, trying not to wake him up.

My fingers gently traced his cheekbones and his nose. He was still beyond perfection, even in his sleeping form. I cuddled closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, putting my legs over his. His eyebrows furrowed and he opened his mesmerizing eyes, the chocolate brown eyes I adored so much.

"Good morning!"

He greeted me back with a sleepy smile and he kissed me.

"I miss you so much, Orkhideya!"

I was puzzled by his words. What was he talking about? I was with him everytime, maybe he was still dreaming.

"You are sleep talking again!"

He chuckled and dipped his head in my neck.

"I'm not,"

"You are!" I replied, my fingers running through his hair, massaging his scalp.

"Keep doing this, I like it!" he muttered against my skin, his voice still rough from sleep and I smiled.

During the past one year, our lives changed a lot.

After Caleb's death, the family became closer than they already were. We did miss Caleb everyday but we tried to move on. Kyle did travel a lot but not for too long. Maëva and I became inseparable and during our free times, she would train me with guns, although Kyle did not really agree when he learnt about it, but I had my own way to pacify him.

Everything was going on pretty well. I knew the storm was yet to come, but I lived each day with my husband and my family. Kyle filled each day of mine with happiness and I had no complaints at all, although he was sometimes annoying when he would behave like a kid with me, but only behind closed doors.

"Why did you stop?" he suddenly asked, lifting his head.

It was then that I realised I was so lost in my thoughts that I stopped playing with his hair.

"My fingers started aching..." I replied, my tone provocative, as always.

A mischievous smirk flickered at the corner of his mouth and he bent his head, his teeth and mouth biting and sucking my collarbone and I closed my eyes at the feeling of his lips over my exposed skin. I already knew what he left there, I was now used to it. He never failed to leave his marks on me.

"I don't think your fingers are aching that much, you've fallen asleep earlier than usual last night. In fact you're dozing off really early these days, without even waiting for me!"

I nervously licked my lower lip, trying to hide my guiltiness from him. He was right, I was sleeping really early these days and the more I fought it, the more sleepy I felt. I didn't even know what was wrong with me these past days, I felt exhausted.

"I'm sorry, I don't even know what's wrong with me, I just feel extremely tired and I fall asleep!"

His smirk suddenly washed away and was replaced with a look of extreme concern. His fingers caressing my arms, he softly asked,

"Are you okay, Orkhideya? I will call Lucas to examine you!"

God, this man was overdramatic when it came to me. I rolled my eyes at him, and got off the bed.

"I'm fine, I just need some rest!"

"This is not normal, I miss our nights!"

Now I understood where he was going. He was back to his sly self.