𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 56

Amelia

To everyone, a new day meant a new beginning, a new chance to fix a broken part of them. However for me, it was not the case.

I woke up in the same nightmare I was brought into, not a new beginning but rather a painful ending. A melancholic ending of an imperfectly perfect love story between a villain and his enemy's daughter. The love story of Kyle and Amelia!

I blinked away the tears and softly touched my stomach, comforting myself with the only memory I had of my husband. My child!

More tears rolled down my cheeks as I felt the pressure and suppressed emotions crashing down over me, like a storm. I was weak, so weak that I doubted whether I would be able to make it alone.

I turned around in the bed, trying to find strength in the small sun rays piercing through the window but it didn't help at all. My whole body felt drained out. I barely even sleep last night. The more I tried to sleep, the more I couldn't. It was as if my whole body was refusing to obey me. How could I even sleep when I was scared? Not scared of death, but scared of losing my baby.

The sound of the key unlocking the door, made my heart race and I refused to face the person entering the room. My fingers wrapped around the lock necklace around my neck, I hoped it was not Antonio. He was the last person I wanted to see just after a dreadful night.

"Good Morning! I brought your breakfast and I'm sorry for invading your personal space but I can't leave from here till you finish eating!" a soft angelic voice spoke and I frowned.

I was not prepared of hearing a woman but I had to admit, it was reassuring to hear a feminine voice in the middle of the chaos. The woman walked across the room and placed down the tray of food on the small table.

I sighed then took the courage to finally sit. I watched as she handed the tray over to me and I felt hurt. I felt hurt because she looked broken, scared. Her light ash brown hair covering her face as she kept her head down, she could be easily described as a beautiful blond woman.

"Antonio is a heartless man and I doubt if you already had your breakfast before bringing mine. Would you have some of those cookies with me?" I asked and she immediately lifted her head.

She looked at me with empty grey eyes and my heart ached. The scared look in her eyes reminded me of me, of my nightmare. She opened her mouth to reply but immediately shut it, too scared to talk. How I wished I could reassure her I was not the enemy, at least not hers!

She lowered her eyes again, playing with a bracelet tied around her wrists. I looked closely and saw a bird locket on the bracelet. The bird felt familiar to me, as if I saw it somewhere or with someone. I looked at her again and suddenly everything made sense.

Long soft ash brown hair, grey eyes, bird locket!

I gasped, trying to stop my emotions from bursting into tears again.

"K... Kiara?!" I whispered to her and she looked at me again as her whole body started trembling with panic and fear.

I bit my lower lip, knowing I already messed up. I was not supposed to be calling her name like that, there must be Antonio's men behind the door and I obviously didn't want her to be hurt because of me.

I put down the tray then got down of the bed and walked to her but she stepped away from me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you! I know you don't know me but...."

"Who are you?" she asked, fear haunting her.

I took a deep breath and looked at her again.

"I'm Amelia! Amelia Mikhailov, Kyle Mikhailov's wife!"