Chapter 12

NATHALIE

Two knocks on the door made me thought that it was Princess Esther. We would have chitchat and tour in the afternoon. I was busy browsing channels on the 50-inch LED TV. I already changed from my white dress to comfier clothes. Prince Theo said that dresses and gowns only wore by royals and noble during parties and events. But, they also wore usual clothes on a daily basis.

Hence, I wore a t-shirt, jeans, boots and a long trench coat to look a little sophisticated.

"Come in," once I said that, I almost jumped from my bed when I saw the connecting door open. Obviously, it was the prince.

He did not enter immediately. He looked around first until he saw me sitting on the most comfortable sofa I had ever seated.

I glared at him, "What do you want?"

He entered the room and walked in my direction with a grim face. Once he was near me, he said, "Is that how you greet your boyfriend?" he sat on the other sofa.

I rolled my eyes, "Aren't you going somewhere?"

He nodded and got confused, "Uhm, yes, I'm going somewhere later. How did you know that?"

"Then go," I put my arms on my chest, "I just want to have peace of mind. We have been together for almost 24 hours, and it made me so tired."

"Is that so?" He leaned back on the back of the sofa and put his leg over the other, "Then, I'll stay longer to make you so tired and sick."

There were cushions seated on the sofa, and I threw one to the crown prince. Yes, we had each other's necks so we could do whatever we wanted. The cushion smacked his chest, unfortunately.

"What the..." he shouted, then angrily and childishly threw the cushion back to me.

I raised my arms for my defence, but I did not expect him to close our gap as he held my shoulders, and my back suddenly fell on the sofa. And the awkward position suddenly happened. He was on top of me. His torso was in between my thighs, and he was too close for my likeness.

I held his shoulders and tried to push him away, but he was like a rock, "What are you doing?"

He removed his hand on my shoulder. It held both my hands about my head. He leaned closer that I could feel his breath on my cheek.

"I want to kiss you," he whispered, and his eyes fell to my lips. Then, up again to my eyes, waiting for my response.

"What?" my voice was low that I did not think if I heard things right. My eyes accidentally went to his lips. All of a sudden, I wanted to feel that full pink lips against mine. The heck, Nathalie!

"I don't know, but I suddenly want to kiss you," he lowered his head until our noses touched.

My cheeks and ears were burning. If ever he kissed me, that would be my first kiss in my entire life! I had never kissed anyone before.

"But..."

Before he could lower his lips to mine, someone spoke too loud for us to hear, "Oh, maybe I went on the wrong time."

He loosened his grip on my hands, maybe due to shock, that was how I got to push him away from me, and I sat properly.

"No," I stood and looked at Princess Esther, who was more than curious than to leave. "We're just playing," I said.

Prince Theo looked at his younger sister, and I saw the dagger looks he gave her, "What are you doing here?"

She crossed her arms on her chest, "Nathalie and I have girls talk this afternoon. Like you two, we should also get to know each other since we'll be sister-in-law in the future."