Chapter 23

NATHALIE

'A Day in the Kids Land with the Crown Prince and His Girlfriend', 'The Romance of the Decade', 'The next King and Queen', 'Who is the new girlfriend of His Royal Highness', 'The Gorgeous girl from North Valley' and many more titles about my day tour with Prince Theo at Kids Land last weekend.

I have lain down again on my bed while scanning the articles competing with each other's headlines. The best thing about staying in the royal palace was the high-speed Wi-Fi. Internet connection was never a problem in the whole kingdom, and we even have public Wi-Fi nationwide, which was implemented years back. However, the connection inside the palace was much better.

All the TV networks and popular news platforms covered the opening of the amusement park and our visit, which they dubbed as 'Modern Couple's Date'. That sounded too hilarious and cringed. The prince and I looked so much in love that I wanted to puke. He was really one great actor on this dating stage.

But, one article caught my attention. Its title was 'The Crown Prince's Girlfriend resembled the former Duchess of North Valley' by a small tabloid located in North Valley.

In this article, they also described the resemblance between Prince Theo and the late King Magnus. Nothing malicious was written in the seven-paragraph article. I was waiting for them to publish a rumor about our grandparents in the back of my mind.

After that Ferris wheel revelation of the prince, I did not speak to him even we went back to the palace. I was confused. I don't know what to say, what to feel or even what to think. Even though my whole body was aching, I did not sleep properly for the next few nights.

Why did he have memories of my grandmother? Whatever answer came up, it did not make sense. Also, what was the probability of someone dreaming about a dead person who was not even related to him? Was it even possible to dream about someone dead? Unless this person would die the next day, based on older people's beliefs.

My search history was full of research about my grandmother, King Magnus, and a sanity rumor of Prince Theo. I needed to make sure he was still in sound mind, or he had already imagined things. However, I did not see any results.

I went to my vanity desk and looked at myself in the mirror. Riley used a hair iron to straighten my red hair and put a red ribbon to tie the upper part of my hair loosely. Elise put me on a brown long-sleeve turtle neck dress with a hem that reached my knees. She also had me the all-time favorite boots with high heels. What was with the boots and palace servants?

Elise knocked on my door and opened it when I gave my permission. She curtsied, "Ma'am, Her Royal Highness, Princess Esther, is waiting for you in her sitting room."

I thought it would be a reminder for lunch since breakfast was served in my room earlier. Prince Theo requested that I eat my breakfast in my room, as the maid-servant told me earlier. He asked for it for me to have rest further. But in reality, it was only a week, but he was starting to get tired of all this foolishness.

I followed Elise, and we went to the opposite hallway toward the bed chambers of the other member of the royal family. I had never been to this location, but Riley told me that this was the royal twins' room direction. We stopped in front of a door near a grand foyer on the third floor going to the fourth floor, which was the way to go to the offices of each royal family. What were the feeling to have your work and home in the same building?

Outside the double door, there were four maid-servants. Two stood at each side of the door. Elise went to the woman in front of the right door and whispered. That woman knocked softly on the door and opened it.

She did not close the door, so I heard her, "Your Royal Highness, Lady Nathalie."

The princess sounded bouncy as she responded, "Oh, let her in."