Chapter 16

PRINCE THEO

"I will stay in Brazil for two weeks, then LA for the next three weeks, and lastly, Madrid for another two weeks," Penelope peeked at the door, wearing a white robe while her uncombed dark hair was all over her face, "Will you visit me in one of those places?"

The prince, who was still in the bathtub, did not respond to her. Or did he even hear her?

His thoughts ate Prince Theo. He was not like that before. When he was with his Penelope, all he could think was her. But at that moment, his mind was in the palace. His mind stayed there even his body was here.

He had been sure that Penelope was the love of his life. Then, suddenly, he did not know anymore.

When he kissed her, Nathalie's face was like lightning in his memory. When he held his girlfriend, he remembered the electricity he felt from Nathalie's hand. When they talked, he imagined the reactions Nathalie would give him. When he was alone, he was wondering what Nathalie was doing at that time.

It all ended up with that girl. He had been sure of his feelings with Penelope, but after that girl showed in his life, the assurance he had was no longer there. It became unreachable. Invisible.

"Hey, darling," Penelope sat on the edge of the bathtub and stared down at the prince, "Are you sleeping? Did I make you too tired?"

Prince Theo met the eyes of his girlfriend, and as if found guilty, he immediately averted his gaze. He stood and reached for the towel to cover himself. He left the tub and went in front of the mirror.

"What are we talking about?" he ran his hand through his hair.

Penelope gave him a back hug, and he felt her cheek on his back, "I'm asking if you're going to visit one of our shooting sites?"

He remembered that Penelope had a new TV series, which would be shot in different places in the world. She would be away, and unlike before, he did not feel lonely just thinking of being away with her in two months. That time, he felt relief. What he felt was like treason in their relationship.

"I don't know," he was starting to hate that phrase, "I mean, I need to arrange things here. I'll try, but I can't promise."

"Okay, I know you're a busy man," she removed her arms around him and went to his side. She leaned back to the counter while crossing her arms, "I will be away for two months. Does it mean our marriage will be ready when I come back?"

He turned his back to her, afraid that she could read his face. He walked out of the bathroom, and she followed. He retorted, "Let's see."

Prince Theo got his shirt and jeans on the bed and put them on.

He went on the sofa, where Penelope was waiting for him, and opened the can of beer, "I have a lot of engagements in my schedule. Mom and dad transferred more activities to me, but I'll arrange everything in my own ways."

Prince Theo drank his beer, trying to focus on Penelope and forget Nathalie at least for an hour.

They were in the penthouse owned by Penelope in the east part of Kingsville. It was given to her by the producer of her film when they got blockbuster three years ago. It became their secret hideout because the building was strategically located in fewer people area of the capital city.

Penelope scooted beside him and switched on the television, "I heard that my old movies will have replays." She stopped at the channel wherein her movie five years ago was currently shown. She bragged, "I was just nineteen when I shot that movie."

Uninterested in the movie, Prince Theo blankly stared at the television. Even the can of beer was already his second, he could not still remove that red-hair girl from his mind. Without thinking, he got his smartphone from the tea table and browsed the contacts until he found 'Leo Clay'.