Chapter 18

PRINCE THEO

The Crown Prince arrived at the Deluxe Bar with a clouded mind. He felt remorse after the heated conversation between him and Penelope. He loved her more than anyone, and he could not afford to lose her. At that time, he did not care anymore. Suppose Penelope chose to act even though they had already gotten married in the future, he would let her. It was that he could not live without her.

He parked his car but did not get out. He got his phone from his pocket and dialed Penelope's digits.

The other line was busy on the first try and the same on the second try. He left a message in her voice mail.

"Penelope, darling, I'm sorry. I'm wrong. We are stronger than this, right? Please take care of yourself while you are in those places. I'm here waiting for your return after two months, and I know, just like today, I'm still choosing you, and you're the same, right? We will arrange your career in acting once we settle down, okay? My hugs and kisses will be waiting for you in the bistro."

He sent the voice mail and pulled down his phone on his lap. He should not have felt confused anymore. He knew where his heart always belonged to.

Someone knocked on the window of his car, and his friend, Dean, scowled at him. He pulled down the window and asked, "What?"

Dean mocked the prince, "You called me earlier to meet you here just to park your car here and never go inside the bar."

Prince Theo suddenly opened the door and almost hit Dean if he didn't move faster than the prince. His Royal Highness sneered, "Happy?"

They entered the bar, but unlike before, it was full-packed that night. Gladly a table at the end corner was as if waiting for them.

"So, what's your problem?" Dean started as soon as they sat face to face at a small round table.

"A lot, do you want some? I can give you," the prince leaned back at the chair.

A waiter got their order first, which were both beer, and Dean continued, "You know, if I'm a crown prince, I would never make girls as my problem. You have the prettiest and most prominent woman in court, just to inform you, in case you don't know."

The prince could not believe what his friend was saying. He murmured, "The one I love is not in the court."

"Nah nah," Dean sniffed, "The other one you want is in the court."

Before he could object, his smartphone rang. He was expecting it was Penelope, but the name of his private investigator flashed on the screen that made him more eager to answer.

"Your Royal Highness," the man in the other line stated, "Please be informed that I gathered some documents and I'm going to deliver them to you as soon as possible. I called just to inform you that the past you want me to investigate is a sensitive one, and it might affect the current royal family."

Prince Theo looked around as if he was hiding a secret, and he queried, "What do you mean?"

The private investigator immediately gave his response, "She was deleted in the history of the Central Royal Palace, but I was able to retrieve some documents when I traced back starting from the current duke of North Valley."

The prince stood from his seat and paced back and forth in front of his friend, and he lowered his voice, "Deleted? Why would she be deleted from the history?"

"My investigation is still ongoing regarding that issue, Your Royal Highness," the other man answered in his business usual tone. "But, one thing I can assure you is that the former king, your grandfather, King Magnus, and the former duchess of North Valley met on multiple occasions."