Chapter 22

NATHALIE

What a weird question? The prince was really out of his mind. After all of his nonsense protocol, he was now asking a nonsense question. Why would I...

I glared at him and threw his arm back to him, "If ever you cross my vision, I'll make sure you're already dying once you get out." I started to walk and tried to reach one of the many rides in this enormous amusement park before we halted again for another nonsense talk.

He muttered under his breath but followed me, "Do you want your crown prince to die?"

I gave him my most sarcastic smirk, "No, I have a vision about my boyfriend, not the crown prince." I intently emphasized the b-word.

Thank goodness, we arrived at the first extreme ride of the park before we could argue about something unimportant again. Should I say this was one of the attractions of Kids Land?

The roller coaster was too high and had one...two...three...four...five...six loops that someone would have a heart attack, I bet, in the third loop. The track was painted in red that symbolizing blood. It was already operating, and all I could hear was a distant scream.

"Is it for kids?" I mindlessly stated the question.

The beard-man, who facilitated the line for the roller-coaster, answered me, "Yes, ma'am, but mostly, adults have the braveness to ride this thing."

Wow, he called that terrifying track a thing.

I put my hand on the prince's arm and persuaded him to run away from the roller coaster, "Let's go."

He held my wrist before I could get away as he stood unmoving on the ground. He asked the obvious, "Why would we leave?"

I stared at him as if he was just born yesterday, "Because we will find another ride for our more future."

He grinned and stayed firm, "No, we will try this one."

My gosh. After that protocol about the poison that he whimpered like a kid, now, he wanted to ride the death. He was a psycho.

"No," I told him, and at the same time, pleading for my life.

He was enjoying my horror. He smiled like I was his favorite play station and looked faraway, "What is your choice there?"

I followed his gaze and saw the different food stand just meters away from us. I could name them all, and who would choose from them? I would choose all of them.

"I want the cotton candy and ice cream the most," I answered, stopping myself from answering the fact.

He could not contain his laughter and tried to bribe me with his cheapness, "One cotton candy and one scoop of ice cream for a ride."

What did he think of me? An easy one, no way. I breathed, "You can't buy me."

He still did not stop, "Two cotton candies and three scoops of ice cream."

"Shut up," I snapped.

"Three cotton candies and half-liter of ice cream," he continued, not minding me.

The third offer was a tempting one. I would just need to ride the roller coaster to get those sweets. After eating six hotdogs, my stomach needed dessert. I needed to handle the temptation, but I would not die in here, would not I?

I avoided his stares and shamelessly counter-offer, "Five cotton candies and a liter of ice cream."

He grinned and put his hand in front of me, "Alright, deal." Then, I shook hands with my final destination.