Chapter 26

NATHALIE

Future Crown Princess. Future Queen. Those words gave a chill in my spine that would make me sick forever. I did not dream of being a Crown Princess. What more to be a Queen. The only title I wanted was the dukedom of North Valley to return to our family.

Wait, I should not panic because the prince had no intention for this fake relationship to be true. Right, it was written in our contract that any feeling more than this fakeness would be a breach of contract.

After that news about the developing tension in the borderline between Tilasha Khan and the enemies, and the announcement from the king, I was brought to my room and started my etiquette class.

I did not get an autograph and photo op from Penelope Keith! Goodness Gracious.

She was a close friend of Princess Esther, and maybe, I could get one before all these things would finish.

I held my head as I thought of how drastic the changes in my life were for just one week. From being just a mere part-time in convenience store and hotel, now, the whole kingdom believed that I would be their future leader someday.

"Being in an intimate relationship with the crown prince, you won't curtsy to nobles below the dukedom," my etiquette teacher, Mrs Mathilda Henes, discussed as she stood in front of me, "Instead, the noblemen will bow on you, and women will curtsy. You understand, ma'am?"

I was on the verge of saying how my position now was ridiculous, but I should contain myself.

I smiled, "Yes, Ms Henes."

"Alright," she sat on the other sofa and looked at the papers on the coffee table, "You will have state dinners with the three houses. We don't need to go through with the eating manners since you know a lot. For the dresses, always remember when you represent the monarch publicly, especially during a time like this, you should wear our traditional clothing."

Simultaneously, I turned my head in the direction, where a light blue robe hung on a single rack as its long-sleeves displayed across the shoulder part. It had embroidered gold flowers from the body up to the sleeves.

No commoner could wear a beautiful and detailed robe like that because the materials used were expensive, from the brocade-a type of silk fabric- to the yarn for embroidery designs that was silk. Only the royals and nobles had the capacity.

A brocade-made robe with different colorful designs, which was placed over a gown for women or suit for males, was the traditional clothing of Luvia.

It became royals-event clothing and school-events costumes, but way back a century ago, it was everyday casual clothing of every individual of the kingdom. As the history books described, the more the designs were colorful, the higher one's position.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I never imagined that it would turn out like this when I signed that contract with the Crown Prince of Luvia. Of course, how clueless a week younger me that getting the dukedom of North Valley would be easy.

After my session with Ms Henes, Riley led me to another room on the second floor.

There was a small stage at the other end of the room, a carpeted floor and one of the four sides of the wall were composed of glass windows. Paintings of fashions from different eras hang on the other walls. Gowns and dresses lined up on each side.

"Ma'am," the designer, who was behind my stunning night in lady-in court, greeted me as he waved his hand toward the chairs in front of the small stage.

"Hello, Mr Leo," I nodded to him with a smile and followed him.

"Ladies," he shouted at the back stage, "Please."