Chapter 6: Grief

When I woke up, I saw that Kakashi wasn't there. I got up, changed back into my still bloody clothes and leaped out out of the window towards my apartment. Once inside, I went to the restroom to take a shower, I looked at the bloody clothes and remembered everything. All the time, Itachi and I spend together and how happy we were. Now he was gone and I was pregnant, he had left me alone. I started to feel the pain in my chest again, the lump on my throat and the hot tears running down my face. I sat on the shower's floor and cried, I cried for what it seem like hours. When I pulled myself together I walked outside changed and threw my self on the bed. I just wanted to sleep, sleep and not feel a goddamm thing. After a few hours, I woke up to a cold breeze that came from the window. I immediately opened my eyes as I felt someone else in the room with me. I looked up to find Kakashi seating on the other side of my room, reading his book.

"You left without being discharged," he said calmly, I ignored him and buried my head on the pillow. "Izumi, you have been summoned by the Hokage, she wants to talk to you," he said now walking towards me. "Come on, she is waiting," he looked down at me.

"I'll be there in five minutes," I said getting up and walking toward the restroom, "you can leave now." I washed my face and jumped down my balcony and started walking towards the main building. I walked inside and walked up the stairs towards the hokage's office. Once I arrived to the front door I felt a shivers run down my spine, there was a lot of people inside the office. So this is it, I thought, I took a deep breath to get myself together and walked inside. Sure enough there was a number of people inside, Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura, Ibiki, Inoichi, and the hokage.

"Do we really need an audience for this?" I asked the Hokage.

"So you already know why you are here, then?" she asked as I eyed everyone in the room.

"I just have a slight idea," I said in a blank expression.

"Very well," she said and let out a long sigh, "we ask that you provide all the information you have on the Akatsuki in changed of a full pardon." 

I stared at her and a waved of rage immediately filled my whole body, I was livid. It took me a second to process her words and when I made sense of them I started laughing. I laughed so hard that everyone looked at me like if I was crazy, "say that again?" I asked her with a more serious face now. "A full pardon, you want to fucking pardon me?" I asked walking closer to her desk. "For what? for not killing your elite shinobi and letting your Jinchuriki escape?"

"For being a member of the Akatsuki?" she said bluntly and everyone just started at me.

"I wasn't," I said slamming my hands on her desk and Ibiki rushed next to me and held my arm. "As far as I know neither you, nor the other countries can prove that I was a member of the Akatsuki. So what are you going to pardon when there is no crime?" I saw the frustration on her face.

"But you admitted," Sakura whispered from behind me, "you admitted you were with him."

"Sakura," both Naruto and Kakashi shout at her.

"Yes, I was with him," I chuckled, then turned my head and glared at her over my shoulder, "but that doesn't mean I was an Akatsuki, does it?" 

"If you don't want to tell us what you know, then we are just gonna have to go in for it," Inoichi said extending his hand towards my head. 

I raised my hand with the water gun sign and pointed it right in between his eyes. He saw the moister building up in the tip of my finger and his eyes widened. "Touch me and I'll send you to meet your sister." 

"Izumi that is enough," Ibiki said pushing my hand down. I looked at him but he avoided my eyes. Then, I looked around the room and everyone stared at me in fear everyone but Naruto and Kakashi.