Chapter 26: The Sixth Hokage

Three months later, Kakashi was about to be named Hokage. He had taken office a month ago but not officially, since he wanted to spend more time at home. He loved Ichiro and wanted to be home every day to put him to bed.

I never knew how difficult being a mother would be, but I loved every moment if it. Sasuke was still living here and would come and go as he pleased. He still had to go sign his name every week to the Hokage's office. He was waiting for Kakashi to become Hokage so he could finally leave the village freely. Kakashi intended to make Sasuke and Naruto jonin but neither of them was amused with the idea of studying for it.

I looked at the calendar to marked down the date of Kakashi's Hokage inauguration, with the baby around I started to forget things. I didn't even realize the inauguration was the same day of our first wedding anniversary. I smiled as I marked the date with a small heart.

"Izumi, Ichiro is awake," Kakashi said walking down the stairs with my now three-month-old baby.

"Good morning," I told him, "Are you ready Lord Hokage? two more days"

"No, not really," he said scratching his head, "I wish I could just stay here."

"Me too," I said handing him his breakfast. I spend the next two days planning something special for Kakashi, I was nervous and excited at the same time.

On the morning of inauguration day, we were ready to leave but Naruto wasn't here with the Hokage cloak. I looked out of the window and saw him and Sakura coming our way arguing with each other.

"What happened?" I asked them already knowing the answer, "it's not ready?"

"Umm, yeah she thought inauguration was next week and she didn't finish it," Sakura said, handing me the cloak.

"I told you I should have done it," I said looked at Kakashi, "it would have been ready in a day." I took the cloak inside and started sewing the rest. Luckily, I had the same color thread the lady used, just the quality wasn't as good. "There, better than nothing," I said, and they all looked at me with a smile.

"You are amazing, would you do my vests?" Kakashi asked as he handed Ichiro to Naruto, I just nodded. He wasn't too excited about wearing the Hokage attired but he had to do it. He took the cloak and put it on, and I felt my heart beat a little faster, he looked so handsome. "How do I look?" he asked shyly.

"You are the best looking Hokage ever," I told him with a flirty smile, and I could see the blush on the visible part of his cheeks. A portal opened right next to us and Sasuke came out of it.

"Am I late?" he asked.

"Nope just in time," Naruto told him.

"You," I said pointing to Sasuke, "take a shower, I left your clean clothes on your bed." Then I turn to Kakashi, "and you will be late if we don't hurry."

We all walked to the main budling together. I walked, slightly, behind Kakashi who carried Ichiro. On our way there, I could see people whispering and staring, some bow out of respect to Kakashi. But I knew exactly what the people of the village thought of me. They never trust me entirely. They hated the fact that I was an Uchiha.

I could sense their fear all the times they saw me or Sasuke. There were also many rumors since Ichiro, and I didn't take Kakashi's clan name. The gossiping didn't bothered me anymore, but I didn't want that to affect Kakashi as Hokage.

We walked in the main building and Kakashi handed Ichiro to Tenzo who waited for him with open arms. "Come with me," he said grabbing my hand, and heading towards the Hokage's office.

"You will be late Kakashi," I told him looking back at everyone who looked at us confused.

"Please, you two, not on the Hokage's desk," Hikku joked as he saw us heading to the Hokage's office, I felt my face turn every shade of red.