Chapter 3: Decisions

Most of the night I sensed him in his room feeling guilty. I decided to take a shower and try to sleep. I started having those vivid dreams again. First, I saw people I never seen before, it was a few glimpses of their faces and voices. Then, I was laying on a blanket and I was with someone. We were kissing and his hands wondered around my body. I was completely naked and so was him, for some reason my eyes caught a glimpse of a cloak on the floor. It was black and had red clouds. Then I saw his hand, the purple nails, and the red ring on his finger. It was him, the man in my dreams was Itachi.

I immediately woke up, I was sweating and panting, I felt my heart racing. I couldn't believe it, this was more than a dream and I knew it. I got up and took another shower, got ready, and went to sit outside. I thought about all my dreams, the way I been treated since I came back, nothing was making any sense.

A loud knock on my door broke my thoughts, I walked over and opened it. Kakashi was standing outside waiting for me. I walked out and locked my door. Then headed to the main building for our next mission all in complete silence. I could feel the tension in the air but Kakashi still didn't say a thing. I was surprised to hear that we were given the day off to attend Asuma's funeral. I went back and changed, then headed to the cemetery. It was heartbreaking to see Kurenai, who recently just found out that she was pregnant, cry for Asuma. I stayed all the way in the back, in front of my mother's gave. I looked down at it and tears left my eyes, "I wish you were here," I whispered. "You have no idea how much I need you." 

Suddenly, I felt a strong grip hold my hand and I looked to the side and it was Kakashi. "Izumi, please forgive me, I do trust you." 

I pulled my hand and turned away from him. "You know, you might be right about suspecting me Kakashi." I said looking back over my shoulder before I walked away. 

Three days later I was at the Hokage's office when Sakura and Sai, the new member of team Kakashi, were summoned. They were told to go provide back up to team ten and Kakashi since they were looking for those who killed Asuma. "So, we need to bring back any information we can on these Akatsuki guys right?" Sai asked.

I immediately felt a shiver go down my spine when I heard the name Akatsuki. Then I got a sharp pain on my forehead and I immediately threw my hands on my face. I took deep breath and look up to see Sakura and the Hokage staring at me suspiciously. "Izumi are you okay?" Shizune asked, "your chakra is disturbed."

"I'm fine," I said breathing heavy. "Lady Tsunade, I would like to go provide back up as well."

"Absolutely not," she said seating on her desk, "you are in no condition."

"But, Lady Tsunade," I argued. 

"Izumi, go home and rest for the day, you need it," she told me and I vanished from there. I went home and got my swords, then headed to the secret exit that the AMBU use. I left the village and headed east. After almost 30 mins of running, I summoned Lady Runa and used her to track Kakashi down. I knew the Akatsuki were going to be where Kakashi was and I needed them to answer some questions for me. I found him 35 kilometers east, I rushed towards him as fast as I could. After almost an hour of running and leaping on the trees. I started seeing dust and lighting at the distance. This isn't good, I thought, the closer I got the louder the thunder and rumbling got. I rushed and took cover, I froze as I saw two very familiar figures. A silver haired man with magenta eyes carrying a triple blade scythe and the other with red and olive-green eyes and stitches all over his body. Their names and abilities automatically popped on my head "Hidan and Kakuzu," I whispered.

I started breathing heavy, I looked back to see what was going on. I saw Choji charging towards Hidan. "Idiot," I murmured and focused all my chakra on feet and bolted towards them. Choji was stopped by Shikamaru's shadow possession jutsu. But that didn't stop Hidan, who swung his scythe straight for Choji. Just one drop of blood is all he needs, I thought. I swung my sword blocking his hit mid-air. He looked at me like he had seen a ghost. I took advantage of his distraction to kick him right on the ribs sending him flying towards a tree.