Finally

When I woke up, I glanced at my calendar. The deep black ink now read "Monday." I almost screamed, which, of course,I didn't, as that would be using my voice. But I could not hide my happiness.
I would see Bella today! I would get to hear the wonderful way she speaks her words, the brown color and cake smell I had while she spoke.
I rushed through everything that morning, hurrying out the door ten minutes early. When I got to school, Bella still wasn't there. I waited. And waited. And waited. Still no Bella.
Students seemed to still be whispering about her, which was driving me insane. If they had wonderful words to be heard, why didn't they speak them? As I went up to class, I began to worry that maybe Bella was sick, and was going to be absent today. Those words were not fun to think.
Finally, though, Bella made a late appearance. She plopped next to my desk, shooting me a smile.
"How was your weekend?" She asked.
Grinning from ear to ear, I wrote the words, "It was okay. I was excited for school."
Bella nodded.
"Really?"
I did not want to bore Bella with dull words, so I tried to come up with pretty ones.
"I thoroughly enjoy school, and I wanted to get to know you. It is a lovely new concept to be excited for learning," I printed out carefully.
Bella tilted her head, a teasing smile on her face.
"You missed me,"she teased.
I rolled my eyes.
"Don't flatter yourself," I wrote.
With Bella's teasing voice, I could see a light yellow color and an odd paint smell. It was not at all unpleasant.
All through the week, I got to know Bella better, and she got to know me. We even planned a sleepover at my house on Saturday night.
I could hardly wait, because finally, finally, I had a friend.