Chapter 9

Izaya
1 hour later from discovery

I walked around Ikebukuro to blow off steam. Why didn't she tell me? Did she tell anyone else? All these questions running through my head and no answers to any of them. I trudged along, and I saw Mikado Ryugamine.

"Well, Mikado, how are you?" I asked, however with no interest in what he's done. The boy flinched.

"Not much. Hey, have you figured out who Maron is, yet?" The boy asked. I winced. I shook my head, knowing better than to trust a young boy like him with my findings.

"Well, I hope you figure it out. Have a nice evening," he bowed and walked off. I turned.

I walked some more, eventually reaching Simon's restaurant. I was going to walk along some more, until . . .

"Izaya, come have sushi. I give you good price," the dark man bellowed. I shook my head.

" Hey, Izaya, what wrong? Tell Simon. Is it -" here he whispered "- Akane? "

I froze and turned around to him. "Did she tell you? Who she was?" The black Russian nodded.

"I see her earlier. She looked sad. What did you do? She looked hurt," he said sternly.

"Akane was out? Earlier? Where?" I asked eagerly. He pointed in the direction he saw her go.

"I believe she go to Shinra."

I nodded, and ran in that direction. I am such an idiot; I promised I'd never hurt her more than she already was, and I broke it. I had over to Shinra's place. I banged my fist on the door. The door opened, and the Black Rider opened it.

"Where is she?" I demanded. She typed something in the PDA.

Don't you go looking for her after hurting her. You should wait a few days. She's heartbroken over not telling you. You didn't make it easy on her. Leave her be.

"Damn it, I can't wait a few days, I need to see her now. Tell me where she went." I said desperately. She shook her head. I turned around, and team my hands through my hair. Why am I losing my cool for this?

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned slowly. The mysterious person held me the PDA.

Look, you both need some time to blow off steam. Go home. She's safe.

I nodded sullenly. I walked out and began to tread home. I open the door to my apartment, and saw my game board shifted. The pieces were different. Did she . . .? Whatever, I headed to the room she stayed at. I found the room almost as if it was never used. Except for a not

I'm sorry. Forgive me, but I couldn't burden you any longer. I need space and time. I promise I'll explain everything later. I feel terrible.
                -Akane Nagoya

I crumpled the note and stuffed it in my pocket. She left. Brilliant, Orihara. You lost her. Again. I kneeled on the floor, and not long after, I blacked out.