Chapter 30

Akane

I arrived in the city of Bucharest. I make my way out of the security pretty quickly, I rented a car, and got to my hotel safe and sound. I let Izaya know I landed safely, went to the restaurant below to eat dinner, and headed back up to my room and crash on the bed. I was so tired from that flight. I had so much to do with such little time, but I had to rest. I will do everything on their own time. 

I woke up at 9 a.m., which was great, because I have adjusted to the time zone pretty well. I got a fresh Romanian doughnut, got in my car, and drove.

The first thing on my to-do list was to pay my good friend, Diana, a visit. She was the first person to help me out in Romania, so I had to let her know I was here. I drove out to a house a little outside of Bucharest. I hope she still lived there. I pulled up, walked up to the door, and knocked on it. The door opened, and Diana's mother, Claudia, opened up the door, and looked at me in surprise.

"Maron, buna ziua. Ce faci aici, draga mea?" she asked with a smile on her face. (Maron, hello. What are you doing here, my dear?)

"Pai, ce sa fac, am venit aici in visita. Unde este Diana?" I replied. (Well, what can I do, I came here to visit. Where's Diana?)

"Ea nu mai traieste cu noi." (She doesn't live with us anymore.)

"Unde este?" (Where is she?)

Claudia went into the house to write down her address. She handed me the new address. I thanked her, and bid her farewell. She asked if I wanted to stay and eat something, but I declined, saying this was a matter of urgency. I got back into my car, and drove to the address, which wasn't far away from her parents. I wonder why she moved. It couldn't be her parents, because she had a great relationship with them. So why did she move out?

I parked on the street, and strode up to her house. I rang the doorbell. The door opened up, and I saw Diana, gorgeous as ever, appear at the door. She burst in a smile.

"Hey, frumoaso. Cum mai faci?" Diana greeted me. (Hey, beautiful. How are you?)

"Bine. Am vesti pentru tine," I replied. (I'm well. I have news for you.)

Diana let me in her home. It was cozy. it wasn't very small. It was rather large. It was about the same size as Izaya's apartment, and his was rather large. Her house was nice though.

"So. Spill. What happened?" Diana asked. [I'm done trying to write in Romanian and trying to translate. If the dialogue is italicized, it's in Romanian.]

"Well . . . I'm getting married," I barely got out before squealing. Diana started squealing, and she rushed to me.

"Oh my goodness, woman, I'm so happy for you. Who is it? Who is it?!" she said. I laughed.

"It is my childhood friend, Izaya."

"Oooohh. I remember you told me about him. You wouldn't stop talking about him at all when you were here. I think I have hear the same stories over and over again."

"That's not true," I said bashfully. "Anyway, I came here to Romania for some help. Will you do me the honor of helping me plan my wedding?" I asked.

"Hmm, I don't know if I should help my best friend plan for her most important day in her life. Let me think. OF COURSE I'LL HELP YOU, STUPID!" Diana exclaimed. She rushed to me and gave me the biggest hug.

"Does Cristiana know?" Diana asked. I shook my head. Diana picked up the phone, and dialed their numbers and gave me the phone.

"What's going on?" Cristiana asked.