Chapter 27

Izaya

What the hell was the femme fatale doing? Flirting? With a waiter, no less? I will show her.

"So, how is the evening going for you tonight?" I asked, holding back my anger the best that I could.

"It's exciting, and everything is going perfectly," she said smugly. But I could see in her eyes that she was taunting me. Whatever for?

"I don't know what you are doing, but I hope you are thinking about the consequences," I warned. I felt a strange feeling, jealousy, start to brew like a dark roast coffee.

"Whatever am I doing, darling?" she pouts innocently. Seeming to be innocent, but I know she's playing at something. Trying to make me jealous. This going to end disastrously.

"You've been warned."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

She was smirking at me. She is mocking me! How dare she?!

The food arrived, and we ate in bitter silence. Akane started to reach through her purse, but I put my hand atop her arm to stop her.

"But-"

"Aka-chan, I've got this."

I left the money to cover the tab and the tip, because I am gracious. Then, I take out the key, place my hand on the small of her back, and went to the room. I opened the door, to a luxurious suite. This is quite nice, especially since I got a really cheap price for it. But, that didn't matter at this moment. I had something else to deal.

I pinned Akane to a wall, and I leaned my face close to her ear.

"Trying to get me jealous, were you? You should know that a jealous me never ends well," I said in a low voice.

"I could ask the same of you. Shouldn't you be getting ready for that promiscuous tramp coming by later?" she snapped.

So is that what she was being bitter about? All because she overheard the conversation, and she didn't realize that I was just messing with that woman.

Is that why she making me jelalous? To get back at me?

I laughed, and pulled Akane into an embrace. She started to fight back, but I held her tight, and I wasn't about to give.

"Let me go, this is twice you've hurt me, you prick. I am done. I-mmgh," I cut her off with a tender kiss. She wouldn't reciprocate, but I didn't give up. I kept kissing her until I got my favored response. I placed a hand on her cheek, and started to circle it with my thumb. I circled the other arm around her waist.

"You should know by now, even though I love all humans, you're my favorite, and I obviously love you the most. I don't know if you noticed, but I don't lavish this love on anyone else but you, so be glad, Aka-chan," I said softly.

"But, back there, you-"

"I was just messing with her. I was trying to get her hopes up, and then have them dashed when she saw me with you," I cut her off with a smirk.

"That's cruel. But, something I can live with," she said with a devious smile. Then, she put her lips to mine, and I immediately returned her kiss with passion. She was slightly taken aback, but didn't shy away, rather she matched me with ease. She brought her hands up to my hair, and started to run her hands through it. I spanned my hands around her waist, and picked her up, and dropped her on the bed.

I also settled on the bed, and resumed kissing her.

"Hey Iza-chan, just so you know, while that guy was cute, he wasn't my type," she said in between kisses.