Chapter 14

Akane

That was just so much fun to get under Izaya's skin. I hope I can do it again. I turned away from Izaya, a smirk on my face, just relishing in my revenge for him. Ha, I hope he goes mad. My disguise will make him go nuts. I turned around to glance at him, and there he was. Starting after me, almost in a trance-like state. Oh yeah, I am wrapping him around my little finger, and he won't realize until later. I grinned. Oh yeah, this will be fun.

I wonder why he was with my father. I saw them at that restaurant, and I only went because Izaya called Celty. I asked Celty to take me with her, and to give me a disguise. She worked her shadow magic on my clothes, and I managed to get a wig and contacts. Voilà, I became Shura Kitagawa.

Anyway, what was Izaya doing with my father? My father looked disheveled, so he must have been drunk. But . . . what was going on?

Flashback

I was choosing out a wig that could work with my outfit like about fifteen minutes before Izaya came out with my father next door. I settled on a wig with short black hair. My contacts were a deep-as-the-ocean blue, and I put on pale makeup and red lips. This should really put me over the top. I hope Izaya doesn't figure it out.

I put everything on and paid for the items. I walked out and some guy, who was really drunk, came up to me.

"Hey darling, everything all right? Come and dance with me a little. We should go to that pub over there and check you out," he said. He seemed to be all alone, so it should have been easy to blow him off. But that's probably what I, as Akane, would do. I'm Shura, now.

"Dance at a pub. No thanks. Too mainstream for my tastes," I said. His face fell. "But," his face lit up again, "maybe I could let you in on something."

Oh, he liked the sound of that. I took him around the corner and pushed his back to the wall. I got close, and kinda tried to act like a whore. Yeah. Except I wasn't gonna go there, I promise. Anyway, I tried to act like I was interested and then he said this.

"Where do you wanna do this, your place or my place?" Seriously.

I frowned and pushed myself off of him and that was when I saw Izaya. Crap. Why now? Oh wait, he doesn't recognize me. This is gonna be fun. I walked really fast to escape the nymphomaniac, as I heard him calling me out. I hid behind a building, and he passed by me. He's an idiot, but thank goodness he was drunk and an idiot. I then decided to pursue Izaya.

-------------------------------------

Oh, it was great to drive him nuts. He was so flabbergasted. I had never felt Izaya just be confused as hell. I felt great. I hope he feels how flustered I felt when he did that to me. Oh sweet revenge.

Oh, Akane, you're getting sidetracked. You didn't come to pay pranks on Izaya, you're here on your mission.

You need to get back at the Purple Diamonds.

I bumped into someone. I swivel around to see it was the blonde kid from earlier. He was wearing a yellow scarf. I heard about this new gang. They were huge rivals of the Dollars.

"Hey, kid. I'm so sorry. Could you help me for something?"

"Anything for you, m'lady."

The kid smiled his goofy smile that I saw when we first met. But when I saw his eyes, I saw . . . sorrow. OK, whatever. I pulled him to an alley. Why do I always drag people into alleys? Seriously. Whatever.

I drag the kid in the alley and I push his back against the wall. I might have done it a little too hard, but that's okay, since only the wind probably got knocked out of him. But the look on his face. That was priceless.