Chapter 29

Izaya

I wake up to an empty bed. Akane must have started to get ready already. I went to the bathroom and got ready for the day. I got out, and changed and went out to the common room. I saw Akane walking out of the bathroom, putting some things back in some of her suitcases, with a towel wrapped around her body. Her hair was in a high bun, probably because she didn't want to have to dry that mass of red curls, as it might take too long. She doesn't seem to have noticed that I was awake, probably because my eyes were only partially opened. I took this opportunity to just look at her. I sometimes wonder how this woman ended up with me. Although, I am glad she will be soon enough.

I stretched, and a slight groan came out. This startled Akane, and she whipped her head towards my direction. I smirked, pretty much letting her know that I liked what I was seeing.

"Do you always spy on people, Izaya?" she taunted.

"It is my job."

"But I'm not your job."

"No, but soon I will be caring for you as well, so you are kind of my job."

"Don't get sick and tired of me, Iza-chan, like you would with a job. Although, that might be too much to ask from you," she joked. We were stepping towards each other, which is a big mistake. This might end up in a way I would have hoped for. When we were in close proximity, I wrapped my arm around her slim waist, and pulled her to me.

"That's a mistake to get out of the bathroom with only a towel covering you," I whispered.

"Yeah, but I really need to get a move on. We need to get to the airport as soon as possible," she said hurriedly.

I put on a frown and tried my best to have a sullen face.

"Don't look at me like that, I'm not going to appease you right now."

I pouted, letting her go. She rushed into her room, and quickly got dressed. She came out in a Psycho-Pass t-shirt with a v-neck, and some blue jeans. She also had black converse on, and she had her wig on.

"Why do you have the wig on for Maron?"

"My friends know me as Maron. They know it isn't my real name, but I only discussed some of my private life with my closest friends. Now, grab that breakfast croissant, and let's go," she said, grabbing her bags and taking them to the car.

I do as she says, and get in the passenger seat of the car, as Akane already is in the driver's seat.

"Can you drive?"

"Yeah, how do you think I made it through Europe all these years?" she smirked.

"Alright."

She backs out, and starts driving towards the airport.

"How long are you staying?"

"About two or three weeks."

That's awhile.

"Well, you don't go to another country just for a couple days."

Did I say that out loud? I did, didn't I? Izaya, you are losing your shit. Pull it together.

"What are you ever going to do without me?"

"Go to a brothel."

"There aren't any here, though."

"I was kidding."

"I know you were, I was stating how bad your lie was," she commented.

I grinned. "That's because you do that to me. You have that effect on me."