Chapter 28

Akane

I woke up in the hotel room, with my head on Izaya's chest. One hand was on my waist, and the other was on his abdomen, I think, since it was behind my head. Izaya was still sleeping, and I realized how adorable he was when he slept, because he looked like a little boy with a slightly mature face. Cuteness overload.

I placed one hand on his face, and caressed it, to which Izaya stirred and opened one auburn eye. I retracted my hand, but he caught it, and entangled his fingers with mine.

"Good morning, little human," he whispered.

"G'morning. I am gonna head to the bathroom to go brush my teeth."

"Same. I'm coming with you."

I shrugged my shoulders. Fine, if he wants to see me at my most unattractive moment, that's on him.

I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste, and started to brush my teeth. Izaya was doing the same. He looked at me while I was brushing my teeth, and I stared back at him. He had quite the most interesting facial expression. I wondered what he was thinking about.

I found my answer. It was less than pleasant. After two minutes, I spit out the toothpaste suds, and rinsed my mouth. I asked him.

"Why were you staring at me?"

"Why, can't I look at my lovely fiancee?"

"You had a funny expression on your face."

He started to chuckle.

"Just wondering about some . . . inapprorpiate acts that you could do with your mouth."

I glared at him, and I chucked some soap at him. He caught it.

"You should wash what's between your ears, because you have a dirty mind," I retorted.

He laughed. Now I need to chug some holy water and get some chill back into me.

We got out of the bathroom, and got ready to hit the road. We got in the car, and started to have discussions.

"So, Izaya, about the wedding preparations, I really would like to go see my friends and talk to them about it," I said.

He looked a bit solemn. "You aren't going to run away and leave me, are you?"

"No. Izaya, I just really need my friends' advice. I promise I will come back. Why, are you having trust issues with me now?"

He gave me the 'really' look.

"Right," I said.

"Fine. I mean, even if I didn't say it's ok, you would leave anyway. Better I know that you're going than go mad with not knowing. Although I would have figured out in about two minutes, so . . ."

I grinned. "Yes, I am going to Romania."

"Wait, what?" Izaya sounded surprised.

"Yeah. I went there for awhile. Why?"

"Nothing, it's just that you are so far."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"I am serious."

"I am as well."

He shook his head. I looked at my phone. There was a text from Shizuo.

Shi-san: Hey, where are you?

Shi-san: Where has that flea taken you?

Shi-san: Akane?