Chapter 1

Izaya woke up with a start. Panting, his heartbeat finally calmed down after five minutes. When he realized it was a dream, he smiled. He shook his head. I wonder why I am dreaming about that day now, he thought. He ran his hand through his black hair. Akane. The one girl who understood him best. He looked out the window into the night. The moon was starting to fade as dawn approached. Akane, where could you be. He got from bed and headed to the his office onto his laptop. He decided to log onto the Dollars chat room.

Kanra has entered the chat room.

Kanra: Hey, what is up? Did you all miss me? (0.0)

Taro Tanaka: Oh, Kanra. I was about to tell a big story. I'm sure you've heard.

Kanra: That depends.

Setton: So, what is this juicy story you were about to tell. Before we were so rudely interrupted.

Kanra: My apologies.

Taro Tanaka: So I heard that the famous Maron Shimizu is coming back to Ikebukuro. She should be coming tomorrow.

Kanra: You mean that super smart information broker? What do you mean back?

Kita has entered the chat room.

Kita: Hey guys what up?

Kanra: Kita-chan, how is my favorite stranger?

Kita: Had I known you would be in the chat room, I wouldn't have joined. Anyone else here?

Kanra: Kita-chan why are you so mean?

Taro Tanaka: Glad to have you back Kita. We were just talking about how the famous Maron Shimizu is coming back to Ikebukuro.

Kita: Back? What do you mean back?

Kanra: Kita-chan, glad we are on the same page. We are so much alike, you know, we should get together sometime.

Kita: Ugh. Anyway, back? Has she in Ikebukuro before? I don't remember that.

Taro Tanaka: Well, the thing is, is that rumors are saying she was originally from Ikebukuro, but the like the slums of the town. I am pretty sure her name wasn't Maron Shimizu, but that is just a rumor.

Kanra: Really? So Maron isn't really Maron? Interesting.

Kita: Those are just rumors. We don't know if those are true.

Kanra: But you don't know if those aren't true.

Kanra: Hey guys, what if people discover Maron isn't Maron? They could totally use her identity as blackmail.

Setton: That is probably something you would do.

Kanra: You are so mean, Setton.

Setton: Well, I got to go. Later.

Kita: OK, bye.

Taro Tanaka: Same here.

Kanra: Well Kita-chan, it's just you and me.

Kita: Ugh, bye.

Kanra has signed off

Izaya got up and stared out his window. The Maron Shimizu to not be Maron Shimizu? This is something he has to know. After all, she is a human. And Izaya Orihara loves all his little humans.

Izaya went back to his desk and stared at Celty's head. Then, a flash of a girl with long blood red hair came to mind. Akane. Why was Izaya thinking about her now? He hadn't seen her in ages. He remembered that fateful day that took her away.