Chapter 19

Izaya

I tried to sleep, but Akane's face kept popping in my mind. After about twenty minutes, I decided that I would go and try to find her. Just remembering all the memories we've had, and how I've been such a little shit to her. I didn't even help her out with what she needed.

I went to reach for my coat, but I remembered that Akane took my coat. Whatever. I headed outside so I could find her, but what was I gonna say to her if I found her? And where would I find her? I guess it's time to go stalker mode. Or, maybe not.

I decided to go see Shinra Kishitani, maybe Shinra or Celty knew of Akane's whereabouts. I knocked on the door. I checked the time, and I almost gawked at the time: 11:45. Not that I was at home at this time, but maybe because they might not awake at this time.

The door swung open, and Kishitani was at the door, still in his lab coat. Shinra eyed me strangely, and spoke after a few moments.

"What're you doing here, Izaya? It's unusual to see you around, don't you think?" he asked, his voice wavering.

"Where's Akane?" I asked.

"I thought she went to see you. Are you sure she isn't at your place waiting?"

She was coming to see me? Why?

"Whatever. Thanks, Kishitani. See ya around," I waved, turning on my heel, about to leave.

"Maron came around here with her luggage, not too long ago."

My head whipped around.

"She said she was going to leave, but I am not sure anymore. Go check out your place, then Shizuo's place. She could've gone back there."

I nodded grimly. I decided to head as fast as possible to my place. But Akane wasn't there. Then, I decided to go visit my archnemesis's place. The lights were out, so i decide to go check the bedroom windows. Nobody except Shizuo.

I was going to creep away quietly, but, I believe Shizuo has the "flea detector" sense, because he woke up, and found me. Crap, I'm not in the mood. Shizuo got out and started his usual little rant.

"IIIZZZZAAAAYYYAAAA!!!!!! What are you doing here?! I thought I told you to stay away from Ikebukuro-"

"Yeah, yeah, Shizu-chan, whatever, I'm not in the mood for your stupid little antics, and I need to find Akane. Do you know where she's gone?" I said indifferently. Shizuo raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean where is Akane? She went to see you, you flea! How could you lo-"

"Shizuo, I need to see Akane. Do you know where she could be?"

Shizuo, still looking pissed, shook his head. I sighed.

"Well, Shizu-chan, it was fun seeing you," I teased. Then I got the hell away from his apartment. I could hear in the distance Shizuo scream my name. I smirked.

Well, I walked around to see where Akane could be, until I heard something that perked my ears in interest.

"I think I saw Maron around. I wanted to follow her, but she disappeared in an alleyway."