i, fourteen

LIVE AND LEARN

By the time she had caught up with her brother, Karen had already been well informed of the situation.

Not a single word was exchanged with the older girl. And made it seem like she had been in the wrong, to say going after Ben wasn't an option they could afford.

She hadn't been sure what her brother had told his girlfriend, nor in what context. But she had a feeling the younger woman hadn't been one to agree with anything Elizabeth would have to say. Especially after the dead silence she had received at the meeting point from either of the teenagers.

Despite the fact the twenty year-old had known Hal would come to his senses and understand where his sister had come from at some point, no matter how much he would've hated it. He had been too caught up his head about trying to get Ben back, to even consider it in that moment: she knew that.

And she wasn't going to start an argument over it, not after all the ones they previously had. Too tired to try and bother with someone who didn't care to see things differently.

After all, maybe it had been better to leave it up to their father to repeat the words she had. If he had decided to agree with her at all.

The wind swept her hair in her face every now and then, fingers tightly around the throttle as she distanced herself from the teenagers the closer they got to the train station.

Elizabeth had wanted be the one to tell her dad about Ben before the younger boy could. Cause if he had done it in a similar state he had done the moment they had seen him, it wasn't going to do them any good.

And too for the reason that whenever she looked past her shoulder to see if the two of them were still with her, the boy had held the same distressed expression from before.

In fact her feet had already been an inch above the ground rushing past her, the second she saw the figures of the others in the distance. Silhouettes that had grown aware of them incoming, the second the sound of an engine approached them.