The Golden Girl

I walked the streets with a normal navy blue cloak until I reached a small neighborhood. It had narrow, crooked roads but large, extravagant houses.

Sitting outside of one was Vivianne.

"You're late," Vivianne's voice droned on.

I scoffed, "You weren't too specific with locations. Took me a while to figure it out,"

Then I took my seat next to Vivianne. "So, what's up? You didn't take your exams today,"

Vivianne chuckled, "Your the last person to lecture me on taking exams," She stretched her body out and looked up at the setting sky, "I could've but there's been so much change, it's been bothering me a bit,"

Has she noticed it too? The empty streets, the low-demand businesses.

"So I'm leaving. Monovore, Black Sun City, everything. I'm going to New Grace, move in with my mom,"

They haven't properly spoken to each since her parents divorced a few years back.

I stared deep into her eyes, as their vortexes pulled me deeper into her, "So what do need from me?"

"Advice? I don't think I'll make it. Hell, I can barely stand being in the same room as my mom but I hate it much more being here,"

My jaw was clenched tight. What could I say? She controlled my whole world for who knows how long, now I could say something that could control hers.

Vivianne sighed pushing back her hair as it blew gently in the evening wind.

"Saying anything would be nice but I'm sure you hate me enough already," Her eyes dropped to the ground before glancing back up at me. "You have every right to me mad at me for the rest of your lifeCl

I groaned and laid down next to her, "We all have our aspirations. If you're determined enough, you can be a fire dancer but you can't be a bitch about it,"

"I'm not a bitch! Everyone just sucks," She playfully argued back.

"I'm sure that true to some extent or else I'd be fighting for nothing," I shrugged it off.

"Fighting? So you admit you're the ghost witch," she turned towards me, an head resting on her hand as she towered over me.

"I'm Tempest. A near-adult who's seen what the world could offer before making any real friends," I admitted freely, and for once it felt nice, not to be just the Ghost witch, just Tempest.

"Which makes you a great hero. You don't hate others, you understand them. You can't judge another without judging yourself," She smiled out another sigh, "I'm hella jealous of your compassionate, Tem,"

There must be a shift in the tides. Vivianne had always spoken so highly of me before but why was effecting me so poorly today.

"Fuck! You even helped me no matter what kind of shit I got into, just because you saw the good in me no matter what I did," She shouted with tears slowly streaming down her face.

She aggressively wiped her face before sniffling a little, "Even when I couldn't accept your feelings you still were there. Even after making Wyatt hate you, you still came and saw me,"

"You're more than kind, you're quite skilled, honest, and stronger than you give yourself credit for. I was a damn fool for not seeing that years ago,"

"I confessed, you wanted to make me your groupie, I declined. We were young and as much as I loved you, and still love you now. I can't handle being with you,"

"What am I? A child?"

"Technically speaking, yes you are. However, I can already see a future, where your other is full of ups and downs that I don't want,"