Chapter 5 - Remembering

// Italic means flashback/old memories

Iris's POV

I walked into the dining room, wearing a beautiful short lavender dress. Vara came into the room soon after, carrying a plate of delicious food for me to eat. She placed it down on the table before she saw what I was wearing. "How..." she started to say, "How, what?" I asked her. I sat down at the table, picking up a gold fork. 

"You make me think of her. That dress belonged to her and...you are exactly the perfect fit." she told me. I stared at her, feeling a bit stunned by what she had just told me. Deciding not to say anything back, I began to eat my food. It was actually my favourite, a bit of steak and some salad. As I was eating, I looked up to Vara, who had her eyes attached to me. "She had a tattoo on the top of her right arm, too." she said. Then, her eyes widened as she suddenly noticed something. This woman was imagining things...

Then, she went over towards me, using her cold hand to gently lift my short sleeve up. "When did you get this beautiful tattoo?" she asked me. "I got it a year ago, when I was 19." I replied, swallowing my last mouthful. Then, she took a step backwards. Why was she acting funny? What did she find out...

"I can't describe how much you mean to me, Iris." Vara said into my ear, before she pressed a small kiss on my sweet spot. We were on the bed, having a bit of fun in the early hours of the morning. She had her legs wrapped around me, caging me so I wouldn't go anywhere. I then felt her sink her fangs into me, giving me the most pleasurable experience of my life...

"Vee?" I said her nickname out loud. She nodded at me, beginning to smile. I was...starting to remember who I was before. Why did I leave her? There had to be an explanation to why...

I then stood up from the table, very confused to what was happening. I began to walk out of the dining room, going upstairs to the bathroom to check my neck. Vara followed me in, wrapping her arms around me softly. I tilted my head to the side, moving my hair away...

"To be fully claimed, you must drink some of my blood."  Vee told me. "No, that's disgusting. Your blood would taste absolutely vile." I said to her, starting to move away from her. She was pressuring me into doing something I didn't want to do. "Now that's a insult. Apologise and we can try again." 

"How about we try again never? Because I'm done with you."

I broke up with her after she betrayed me...that was why I left. I left her and made my brain forget about her. "You betrayed my trust." I told her. "Yeah, I know. It was all of my fault. I couldn't admit it until a few weeks later." she said.

"So I have only been gone for a few weeks?" I asked her.

"No. More than that."

"How many?"

"Ten months."