Chapter 18 - Let's Get Married

Iris's POV

I was laying on the bed with the love of my life, my body was cuddled up next to her as she stroked my head softly. "I'm not a pet. I'm a vampire." I told her with a slight giggle, "I know that. I just think you are the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on." she told me back. Then, she moved away from me, getting up from the bed. 

"Hey, where are you going? Don't leave me." I said before I sat up, "Close your eyes and hold out your hand. I will be right back." she gave me a order, making me do as exactly what I was ordered to do, closing my eyes and held out my right hand. No more than a few seconds later, I felt her touch my hand, turning it over. Wait...was I...was she...?

Then, I felt something being put on my finger, immediately making me open my eyes to see what she had done. "Didn't I throw this ring away?" I asked her, "Yes you did, but out of anger." she replied. I bit my lip with my fang accidentally, making me wince as it was painful. "Do you want to be my beautiful wife and join me in marriage?" she asked the big question.

I looked at the gold ring with a red diamond in the middle, before I looked up and smiled at my new fiancé. "Yes. Of course I want to be your wife. I love you, Vee. And I forever will love you." I told her, before she pressed her lips against mine. I kissed her back happily, wrapping my arms around her. It was all meant to be. We were meant to be together. Me and Vee. 

We then pulled away from each other and smiled once more before Vee had to break some news to me.

"Now...don't yell at me but I want us to be married on the blood moon."

I widened my eyes at her, starting to hyperventilate a little. "W...Why on the blood moon, Vee?" I asked her, before her hand gently caressed my cheek to reassure me that everything would be alright, but it wasn't alright, my vampire side was going to take over me again!

"I have done a few weddings in the past, so nobody will be around. Yes, your vampire side will take over you but a part of you will still remain, if that makes sense..."

"No. No, it doesn't make sense! I..."

"Shush...it's okay to be scared. I was scared on my first ever blood moon, but I let it consume me and here I am today, still technically alive but dead." she told me, before I let out a deep sigh, calming down a little. 

"As long as you are with me..."

"Are you serious? I would never in a million fucking years, leave you. We are destined to be together and that's the truth." she cut me off. I nodded, a few tears began to slide down my cheeks. It stung, but only a tiny bit. She wiped them away, "There's no need to be upset either. I love you so much, Iris." she said, before she laid me down on the bed. 

"I want you to relax and prepare yourself for what's coming, babe. It will arrive in two weeks so there's loads of time." she told me. Then, she got on top of me, before she leaned down and pressed gentle kisses along my collarbone. I was wearing a long night dress, where my fiancé was just wearing a robe as she was the most comfortable in it. It took almost everything to resist my urges of making love to her. 

But, we have been doing too much of that recently and it was time to have a little break from it. 

But...my Vee was the Queen of Love.

// I am going to be introducing some bonus chapters in this book, as Chapter 18 is technically the end but not quite yet. The first bonus chapter will be out when it's ready, and then the second bonus chapter will come after. I am sharing all of my love and energy towards this book, so BE READY! :)