Chapter Nineteen ANGELS

The ocean was now dark and eerily quiet. The terrifying sea creatures were nowhere to be seen. A gentle ripple like a summer breeze came gliding across the seafloor. Then out of the shadows came a glimmer of hope.

It was a girl. Her long black hair flowed effortlessly behind her as she moved gracefully through the water. She hovered over Andee scanning his body for any sign of life.

A brilliant flash, illuminated the area.

She gathered up Andee's things, lifted him into her arms, then moved off the seabed, vanishing into the blackness. 

When Andee came around, he felt like he'd been asleep for a year

When Andee came around, he felt like he'd been asleep for a year. Coming to his senses, he heard many different sounds: water flowing, people talking, and a beautiful voice singing. All of these harmonies seemed distant as he drifted in and out of consciousness. Sadly, as he became aware of his body, the more pain he experienced. He groaned in agony before passing out.

Am I dreaming? He felt light shining on his face. It's so warm and peaceful. The light glowed on his cheeks, turning them rosy before traveling around his body. Someone was holding his hand and gently caressing him. The light on his skin grew hotter, gradually reducing the pain. Andee's eyes fluttered then he fell back into a deep sleep.

He dreamed he was holding both his parents' hands while running along the shoreline. Tingo and Tango swam close by though out of sight so Dad and Mom couldn't see them. Andee laughed. His mom kissed his cheek, and his dad lifted him high up to sit on his shoulders. Andee was so happy at that very moment in time.

The pain eased, and Andee gradually came back to his senses.

He tried opening his eyes, but they felt so heavy, he struggled to wake. Finally, they fluttered open ... and that's when he saw the most beautiful thing he had ever seen: a girl with bright blue eyes and very long black hair. She gazed at him with a soft smile and blossom colored cheeks.

A bright smile spread across her face. She gently touched his forehead, checking his temperature. Andee tried to sit forward but groaned in pain.

"You must rest," insisted the girl. "You almost died back there."

"Where am I?" said Andee wearily, attempting to look around, then fixed his gaze back on the girl.

"This is my home on the shore." The girl spread her arms wide. "I brought you back here after I found you."

"Found me?" said Andee. "Where? I can't remember."

"You will, in time," she said. "Try not to use too much energy now; you must rest."

Andee studied her, noticing webbing between her fingers like a swan's foot.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"My name is Yolanda. What's yours?"   

"I am—I am ... err ..." But Andee couldn't remember his name. He furrowed his brow.