Pregnant lady

I typed "Johnson" and my dad's company name on Google.

You won't believe what I found! Nahhh nothing special. Just some boring stuff about my dad's office. It was so boring that l fell asleep on my study table.

The next day, I got up earlier than I usually would. Well this is a surprise.

I brushed my teeth, took a quick shower, got dressed and went down stairs. Mom was in the kitchen and she surprised to see me this early.

She probably would've thought that I decided to change. Oh well.... I had my breakfast and checked the clock.

I still had 2 hours before school. So I decided to warm up my skater skills and go on a ride around the market. I was having so much fun that I didn't even see a lady walking by and I almost knocked her out!

Thankfully, I managed to stop just on time. The lady was so terrified that I thought she'd pass out any second. Then after she came back to her senses she turned around to face me.

That's when I saw that the lady was pregnant... phew! Good that I didn't knock her down. But then I also noticed some other things.

I asked her: "Did you catch the culprit?" The lady looked so shocked that her eyes bulged out. I thought her eyes would pop out of their sockets any moment. Then she slowly asked me in a squeaky voice; "what was that again young lady?''

I gave her a smirk as I repeated the question " I asked; did you catch the culprit ma'am?" and then this time she was even more shocked.

She blurted out: "what are you talking about ? What culprit?"

(p.s I also read the newspaper before heading out for skating)

I replied: "Well ma'am or should I say *sir*, I was talking about the culprit shown in the newspaper today and you are senior officer Mr Simon Smith who is assigned to catch the culprit, right?
But you know what? your disguise is awesome but I guess you should rather not try to be a pregnant lady, you could have become a beggar or something you know."

By this he was so shocked that he asked me; "whAt thE hEck aRe yoU taLkIng abOut? I am not a man that you are calling me Mr Smith! And even if I was a female officer then you think they would assign a pregnant lady to get such a dangerous culprit? They say he has many weapons and stuff."

I gave him a nod and said "well Mr.Smith you are wearing heels and a short skirt, you think that's the attire of a pregnant woman? Why would she risk her baby by wearing heels? No... right? and besides it's just 7:00 in the morning and why would a pregnant lady go out at this time? Plus from the looks of it, it seems like you're about 8 months pregnant and if it was that important for you to go out at this hour, then your husband should have accompanied you but he didn't right? Cuz you are a man.. you have a wife.. not a husband. Besides that tummy of yours looks so fake. So Mr Smith where did you stop the case again? Is the culprit caught? I don't think so. And yeah you can ask me if you need anything. By anything I mean helps in solving the case."

I stopped. Okay! you should have seen the look on his face! He looked so bummed out and finally spoke up.

"Fine, I am an undercover officer Mr Smith and yeah I came here to investigate the case which was in the newspaper this morning; the case of the robbery in the supermarket and as you can see the supermarket is about to open. And that old man over there is waiting there for so long. I think he is the culprit."

I looked and saw a very old looking man standing in the corner with the support of his walking stick.

Is the old man the thief? Or is he innocent?
Will officer Smith arrest him?

To be continued.................