Caught!

I turned around and saw a tall and strong man with broad shoulders. He had black hair and a beard. He was taller than Mr Smith and was wearing a uniform.

Suddenly someone yelled: "Get out of this place! Don't go into this supermarket again! It's cursed! A man got infected from a strange disease and his face is covered in ooze!!! Runnn!"

Ohhhh so this guy was talking about the same man who did the chicken run! Oh well....

I looked back and saw that Mr Smith was saluting the other man.

The man in the uniform returned the salute and asked me: "Hey there kiddo! You seem smart. Then do you know who I am?"

I instantly replied:- "Yeah, you are Mr Logan Richards, you have a wife and a daughter who is probably 4-5 years old. As for your job, you are the commander of all the officers in this city or in other words you are the boss.."

Mr Smith gave me a surprised look when Mr Richards smiled at me and asked "Well well, good..  So I guess the word "kiddo" would be inappropriate for you Miss..um?"

I said: "Ria Rose Williams"

Geez! At least someone thinks that "kiddo" is inappropriate for me!

"Yes Miss Williams... How'd you get my name and my rank just like that? Even my family infos.. I assume Simon here told you all about this?" He said as he gave a quick nudge to Mr Smith.

Well this man is too funny or not-so-serious for a commander! I thought commanders are usually strict!

Mr Smith said "no sir, I haven't told her anything.."

So I said, "No offense, but I'm not quite a fan of formalities, so just call me Ria..

And as for how I got your name, it's on your uniform name tag including your rank but I could have got your rank just by seeing Mr Smith salute you, that is he respects you. He's a senior and a commander comes  above a senior officer. So easy! You're a commander. For your family, I saw that you are wearing a handmade bracelet made out of beads, little girls make such stuff, proving that you have a little daughter, as for her age, it was just a hunch. Plus if you have a daughter then you must have a wife as well... Sooo that's how I got it...?"

I finished.

Mr Richards gave me a wide grin and Mr Smith was staring with his mouth open.

Mr Richards said: "well Miss, or just Ria, I must say, you're quite brilliant! Impressive! But can you explain how you cracked the code? And how can you tell it's correct?"

"Well it's easy ... All you gotta do is to compare the numbers to the alphabets. That is if the number is 1, then the alphabet is A, if the number is 3, the alphabet is C and so on. And viola! You cracked the code!" I said matter-of-factly.

Mr Richards was gonna say something but Mr Smith interrupted and said:
"Well that's all what you saw commander! She's way more capable than that, why she caught me even when I was undercover!"

Mr Richards smiled and said:
"Hmmmm let's get to the bottom of this case shall we? Then we'll see if Ria Rose Williams is right or not with her code deciphering!"

His way of talking sooooo childish! I thought to myself as I nodded.

As though he just-read-my-mind-and-trying-not-to-sound-that-he-did-read-my-mind he said: "Oh and I almost forgot! Ria, don't think that I'm childish just because of my childish instincts... Cuz I like to be that way... You know, to relieve the stress of being such a busy commander man!"

My stomach did a backflip! Did he really read my mind??!!! I think he noticed my amazed face cuz he gave me a wink and motioned me to walk towards his car.