Friends

I was fuming with rage and was gonna leave Mr Smith there but just then we heard a huge sound of breaking glass!

A huge piece of glass came flying towards Mr Smith. I moved him away just in time so he was saved.

He said "thanks kid! I'm sorry I was being rude to you earlier. I was just stressed out with this case."

"Fine.. it's okay" I said deciding to forgive him.
And just as we decided to be friends and exchanged our friends handshake, we heard a high pitched scream.

Both of us turned around to see that the supermarket was open and there was complete chaos! Someone had broken the main glass window using a huge stone.

Then a very weird looking man did a chiken run hither and thither out of the supermarket. His face was covered in a strange ooze. Everyone backed off.

Suddenly someone fired bullets up into the air which got everyone's attention.

Again there was complete chaos. I looked up to Mr Smith, only to see that he had his mouth wide open with shock. (At least I think so!) I nudged him on the arm and said; " You know what, I could have controlled this situation... But you're the one who said that this isn't a thing for little ones like me! So why don't you officer, go and control it huh?!"

I mimicked him in his own tone. Okay, I was kinda bragging! Surely I can't control such chaos, but again, Mr Smith was the officer here, so I had to tell him anyway.... Plus although we're friends now, I was still angry at Mr Smith for calling me a little one!

Suddenly Mr Smith came to his senses, ran off into a public washroom (probably to take off the disguise and change into his uniform yup! I was right, he went in to change, he had his uniform on now! Better!) And then he ran upto the people and the chaos was settled a bit in like 10 minutes!

Geez! I must say! I'm impressed!

I walked over to him to see him reading a piece of paper. I tilted my head and looked what it was.

Seeing me struggle to read what it was, he handed the paper over to me and said; "it's a threat note which was tied around the stone. Keep it safe. I'll be back in a few minutes. Plus, there's a code in it and since you are such a detective why don't you try to solve it in the meanwhile."

Huh? Was he being rude again?
Oh well...

I gave him a is this a challenge? look.
He nodded and left me and the paper alone.

I saw him talking to the shopkeeper.
That's when I paid attention to the paper.

It said:-

"Find me if you can!
2-12-15-3-11, 17
8-1-19-20-12-9-14-7
1-12-12-5-25-24-1-25,
8-15-21-19-5,
14-21-13-2-5-18, 17"
Or else all the choclats in tis shop are don for!

"Find me if you can!2-12-15-3-11, 178-1-19-20-12-9-14-71-12-12-5-25-24-1-25,8-15-21-19-5, 14-21-13-2-5-18, 17"Or else all the choclats in tis shop are don for!

Paper☝️

Paper☝️

Well now that's a strange threat! Who'd crave this much for chocolates? Why the fool has even spelled it wrong!

Many cops came and something told me that the issue was temporarily settled. a few minutes had passed after Mr Smith left. My first question to him when he came back was;"this isn't a threat note! It looks like a joke from some lunatic!"

Hmmm.. I knew escapees and culprits can be really strange sometimes but, this?!

Mr Smith gave me a look that confused me and said; "I know that. But they can be weird sometimes.. So even you little genius weren't able to crack the code, were you? I haven't quite dived into it myself or I'd have cracked it in no time"

Geez! He's such a duffer!

He took the paper back from me and began staring at it. Almost half an hour passed, I swear I saw a tumble weed rolling by and he was still staring!
I couldn't hold on any longer and I doubled up with laughter!!

Seeing me laugh he frowned and asked: "What's so funny?"

I gathered myself up and in an amused tone I replied: "It's been half an hour since you're staring at that piece of paper!" And continued my laughter show.

I didn't mention the tumble weed cuz I thought I was being rude enough...

Yeah... like I'm goody-two-shoes who cares for respecting adults! Which is not entirely true. I do respect adults, but I don't think Mr Smith deserved that!

JK!

Mr Smith was still staring at the paper and occasionally at me but I had enough so I said: "oh come on Mr Smith! I can't believe you can't decipher such an easy code! I did it like the second you handed me the paper!"

His head jerked towards me with such speed that I thought he broke his neck! He asked: "seriously? If you decoded this already, then why are you making me look at it again, what is written here anyway?"  I decided to help him.

"Well... You said you can solve it! So I didn't want to interfere here you know." I said with an amused tone in my voice again.

"The code is most probably the culprit's hideout address." I said. This time a bit serious.

He looked at me and said, "yeah... Like someone would have numbers as his or her address!"

"It's Block 17, Hastling Alleyway, house number 17." I replied.

He looked confused so I said "that's how you'll get if you decode it. Go on and search the house with this address and you'll get the culprit."

It seemed like he believed me cuz he gave me a kind look.

"And how can you tell that the code if decoded will give you this piece of address kiddo?" A new voice said.

Had Ria cracked the code properly?
Who was the new voice?
Why was he/she there?
What's his/her intention?

To be continued.....