16- Six Years Earlier

Samuel Winters

I was honestly really surprised when Dani approved of what I wrote about Jensen.

"It's certainly unexpected. A little juicy. The public will love it. Good work Sam."

That's what she said, and that's the closest I'll ever get to a compliment from her about my work.

I was watching Celia read it, waiting for her response.

She sets the paper down when she's done.

"Dani published your work this morning?" She points down at the paper, and I just nod.

It's been a week since I saw Jensen, and he's tried to text me a few times. I've ignored them all.

My first part of my exclusive on him came out in the news this morning, and it wasn't exactly a shining review for him.

"Even though you think Jensen is this nice, shiny new hotshot that Denver has on their team, you could be further from the truth. He is just your average baseball player, and you'll certainly forget about all of his great moments by the end of this season." Celia reads a little excerpt, and I hold in a laugh.

"Damn Sam, remind me to never make you mad." She says, closing the paper and pushing it in front of her.

I used a few more choice words for him in the paper, she just read the last part of it.

I insulted him big time in the public eye this morning, and I didn't care.

Calling a pro athlete an average player was like a kick in the balls followed by a slap in the face.

I was also really worried about loosing my spot for literally slapping Jensen, but he seemed to stay quiet about it.

Either he doesn't remember because he was to drunk, or he realizes he was in the wrong.

His texts stopped coming over to me about three hours ago. I can only assume me ignoring his messages finally gave him the hint that I don't want to speak to him.

"Alright, I have another thing with Becks today. I'll be back sometime later tonight. Do you have anything to eat for dinner?" Celia goes over to the door and puts on her shoes.

'No, I'm alright. Have fun with Becks though. Tell her I say hi.'

Celia gives me a thumbs up before grabbing her purse and walking out of the door.

I go to sit on the couch and I turn on the tv, playing criminal minds in the background this time as I grab my laptop and begin to go through any work notes.

I get through two and a half soothing episodes before there's someone banging on my front door.

Pausing the tv, I wait for the sound to go again, just to make sure it's not from the show.

"Sam, open up!" I hear a voice I don't want to be around at the moment.

I wrote something down on a piece of paper and slip it under the door.

I hear light scuffles on the other side as he picks up my note and reads it.

"No, I will not go away. Open this door right now Sam."

No.

He's being a brat. I don't open the doors for brats.

So I just go back to my couch and turn my show back on, turning the volume up loud.

But I was also an idiot and didn't lock my door. After a minute or so, Jensen just let himself in.

I pause my show angrily. 'I'm going to call the cops on you for breaking and entering.'