Chapter 12

*Jasper*

She didn't keep it from me out of malice, she's not keeping it from me out of distrust. She's simply scared. She doesn't want to be pulled back to what she's running from. Would she ever tell me who she really is? I couldn't say, but I could help her get out of a marriage she didn't want.

I did, after all, run away too. I ran away for the same reason she did. So I'd help her. I'd help her get out of this mess she didn't make. I made a silent promise to her in the kitchen earlier, before Raph had come and wished her away for "secret angel training"... or at least that's what he'd called it.

It was that silent promise that had me summoning Wrath. I'd followed the instructions we were given when we were little. They'd taught us how, so we'd never accidentally do it.

I stood in a clearing in the woods where the moon shone clearly, made a circle of round river stones that shimmered in silver moon beams. Then I lit a fire to burn the center of the circle, and when the fire had been reduced to smoke, I cut a small line in my palm and let blood drip on the charred earth as I chanted, "ego daemonium vocare te, Princeps infernum. Venite ad me irae." (Roughly translated as "I summon thee demon, prince of hell. Come to me Wrath.")

The ground glowed red and golden flames spired from the ground in twisting and turning into a column of light that shot towards the moon and twisted around the angelic silver beams. The shafts of Hellfire were burning around, contained in damp stones and magic. And they shifted and danced, and in them a form appeared.

The tall, fair haired prince of Hell stood before me, bound to the circle of stones I had set. He had on a black shirt and black jeans and no shoes. His eyes held the remnants of sleep and his arms were crossed at his chest. "What do you want?" He asked grumpily.

I rubbed the back of my neck and stepped back from him, "I just wanted to ask you what your plan is for her."

He met my gaze, his red eyes bearing into me. "You want to talk about Scarlett?" I nodded, "And this couldn't be done at a bar or over the phone?"

"You have a phone?"

He rolled his eyes and tried to step out of the stones, but was blocked by an invisible wall. "Let me out, let's go get a drink."

I took another step back, "How do I know you won't hurt me if I let you out?"

"If I wanted to hurt you I'd have ripped your wings off when I found you the first time." He huffed.

I looked at him for a moment, examining his tense posture and crossed arms and near scowl. "You make a good point." I laughed before kneeling to move one of the stone holding him in place away. He took his phone out of his pocket and swiped on it for a moment before handing it to me. I saw a contact screen open.

"Add yourself, you may call at any hour, but if you summon me again my solution to her problems will be to rip both of your wings from your back." He said then he made horrible ripping noise that crunched like bones. I put in my information and handed the phone back to him. He swiped and typed for a second only before my own phone buzzed in my pocket.

I pulled it out to see a message from a new number. I marked it as Wrath for the first name, and Demon Prince for the last one.

He regarded me for a moment. He just looked at me with those red eyes that seemed darker in contrast to his light skin. "Shall we?" He asked with a tight smirk. I nodded and began to walk away before he huffed a breath. "You'll need to release me first."

I laughed a little as I turned around and rushed to move one of the rocks out of line. That was the way to release a Demon summoned. Move one stone out of line and they could walk where ever they pleased.