Chapter 16

*Jasper*

He carried her off like a knight would a damsel. She was limp in his arms, bruised and beaten and dirty. I couldn't help my reaction when I had first seen her. She looked like a true angel. But she wasn't an angel. It wasn't who she truly was. And it wasn't that she wasn't gorgeous as an angel — even one covered in bruises and cuts — but it wasn't who she truly was.

So I stood there with Wrath and watched her be carried away. We hadn't told Raph what the poison was, it would have blown her cover. Greed's blade was run with powder from ground blessed marble. A truly heinous substance romantics use to cleanse souls.

"What's the antidote?" I asked once we'd heard her apartment door click shut then lock. I looked to Wrath. I couldn't deny that the golden haired prince of rage and fury had gotten under my skin. I liked being around him, in a different way from Raph, but I liked it all the same.

"The antidote is something I've left in Hell. We'll have to go get it." Wrath said flatly.

I looked at him with shock in my eyes, "We?" I clarified. He nodded placing a hand on my shoulder. "I can't go to Hell!"

"Why not?" He asked, "I've been to Heaven."

"You have?" I asked tentatively. He nodded his hand sliding down my arm. "When?"

A smirk found his face as his hand found mine. "Come with me and I'll tell you." He blinked and his eyes were red again and he began to pull my hand. He pulled me into his chest and whispered, "Please, Jasper." I nodded once and flames circled around us and in the blink of an eye we were in an open creme colored foyer with dark wood framed windows and grand double doors made of maroon painted wood with silver knockers and knobs.

"Woah..." I sighed looking around.

"I know." Wrath said with a smirk, dragging me by my hand towards the two grand double doors. He pushed them open with a wave of his hand. Beyond the threshold was a room made of creme colored marble with silver painted tables with creme colored vases on them and maroon flowers occupying them.

There were creme colored doors all around that should blend into the surroundings were it not for the shining silver adornments. Each a little different. He took me through one with silver spiraled into the shape of a dear with antlers that grew in shining magnificence.

"Is this Hell?" I asked softly as we entered a room full of maroon cabinets. There was a shining silver table on wheels in the center of it with a mattress on it. It looked to be an infirmary.

Wrath laughed as he lifted me onto the table that was taller than a normal table. It sat at roughly chest height and I was able to swing my legs from it like a child. He laughed and simply stared at me for a moment. "This is my part of Hell. Every realm is different, but Pride and I keep things rather civil. After Lust it gets dicy."

"This is... unexpected." I laughed, his red eyes were intriguing.

There was a long pause before Wrath casually asked, "What do you think of this bet I have going with Raph?"

I shrugged. "I think it's asking for trouble. No woman has been able to resist Raph forever. He's too charming for that."

"I suppose he is." Wrath laughed. His face was very close to mine and my breath caught in my throat. "If she finds out he's playing a game with her... she's going to be pissed."

His expression was serious. So serious, and all I wanted to for was make him smile and to change the subject."Hey," I said pushing his shoulder, "You said you'd tell me when you went to Heaven."