Chapter 22

*Raph*

She slammed the door in my face. I told her how I felt, I told her that I loved her, and she slammed the door in my face. Why would she do that? What was so wrong with becoming my consort, living with me in Heaven — where she was always meant to be —and living happily as my consort. She would have been mine anyways. I know it. She would have been mine, I knew it the first time I saw her that she was meant to be mine. Meant to be near me, with me, as a friend and lover.

I moved out of the pleasure house as quickly as possible. I didn't want to stay to hear what she was going to do with Lust. She stayed with Lust over me. That sin. She chose him over me. He's dirty and unkempt. He's bad, evil. How could he possibly care for her? About her? What could he possibly have to offer her that I couldn't?

And why was she so mad at me? She kept betting me, kept saying that she'd bet things. Why would she—

Oh no. No. No no no no...

She knew about the bet.

Who told her about the bet? Who even brought it up? And why? Who could possibly have anything to gain by making her mad at me—

Wrath.

Wrath did this. That sneaky piece of shit. I'd been steaming over it since I walked out of that... den of sin. She slammed the door in my face, left me for Lust... and all because Wrath couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Now I stood outside Jasper's apartment. I needed to talk things through with him. Come up with a plan. I knocked and the door opened a second later, and I was met with a smiling Jasper. "Raph!" He said, "You're back, how was Lust?" He looked around me, "Where's Scarlett?"

I glared at him. "She's with Lust."

"With Lust?" He repeated, I only nodded and turned my gaze to Wrath. "Someone told her about our little bet and she was pissed."

Wrath laughed, "I'm sure she was." He stepped forward, "Girls son't generally like being bet on."

I stepped forward, he didn't retreat. "Why did you tell her about it?" He didn't say anything, he only grinned wickedly. He grinned in a way that made me burn insides, and so I gave into my baser instincts. I took up my fist and let it fly straight into his nose. Only it didn't do much to him, he barely flinched with the force of it and laughed when I threw another. "WHY DID YOU TELL HER?" I asked again, fierce anger solidifying in me.

Was this... was this his influence? Was this Wrath putting Wrath into me? It had to be. I was an angel. I couldn't feel such rage. Such undiluted wrath that I could only resort to physical violence. No. I was better than that. I was better than him. I had to be.

Wrath cocked his head and looked to Jasper, "Did I tell her about it? I can't recall." He laughed once more and stepped forward, "If she found out about the bet you made, then it's not my fault. You should have been more careful with your gambling and words."

"I'm going to—"

"What?" Wrath interrupted me, "What are you going to do? Pin me to the marble? Torture me? I've been there, felt that, and I don't care anymore."

"The marble?" I took a step back. "What do you know of the Marble?"

"I was trapped for a long time, angel. And I know about the marble."

"No." I argued, "Any demon touched by the marble dies."

Wrath shook his head and laughed, "No, there is a cure." I gaped at him before he continued. "Do you know what poison was used on Scarlett?" He asked. I shook my head in response. "It was blessed marble. It was the powder, and Greed laced his sword with it every time he sliced her. When he sliced up her spine it went straight to her nervous system."