Chapter 37

*Lust*

"Love, it's time to wake up." I called softly. She was close to sleeping through training. "Love." I called again, she didn't stir. I came closer, she was laying next to Hunt. Hunt always comforted her to sleep. "Come on, Love." I moved closer to her and saw her back. I bit back a scream. Holy shit, the back of her little pink silk night shirt was stained with blood.

I left her room, met by everyone in the sitting room. I was out of breath as I caught Wrath by his collar. "She's dying." I said, "There's blood, and she's not moving..."

Wrath wrapped an arm around me. "Lust, what do you mean?"

I looked up at him, regaining my composure. "She's covered in blood." I said softly. "I was... startled."

"What?" Wrath shouted moving into her room. "SCAR!" He yelled.

She shot up, her hands clutching her chest, "What's wrong?" She gasped.

"Goodness." Jasper breathed.

Gabriel closed the door behind him and Raph, "What happened?"

"It's nothing." She said, holding her hands up. "I just had a nightmare and manifested the torture."

We all looked at her as she hugged Hunt again. I moved to her before I knew what I was doing and pulled her into my chest. "Love." I said into her neck, "Why didn't you tell us?"

She shook her head, "It's the second time it's happened... and this time I couldn't move. And last time... My uncle was waiting for me."

"This happened before?" Wrath growled. She nodded, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought it was no big deal." She said innocently. "He said Mom used to do this nearly every night."

"It's true." Gabriel spoke up, "The journals speak of it."

Jasper sat on the other side of Hunt and began to pet the hound. "What was the torture?" He asked softly.

"You dreamed of torture?" Raph asked. She nodded.

"Torture like at home?" Wrath asked. She shook her head.

"No." She said softly. "I'm always stripped bare and... my hands are always restrained and they are never punishing me for anything other than for simply existing." She nestled deeper into my chest. "They think I shouldn't be..."

"Who thinks?" Gabriel asked, he stood stoically beside Wrath and Raph. "Who thinks you shouldn't be, Princess?"

"Incense and Mirth." She said softly. She looked up at me, "It's all dreams though."

"What was the torture this time?" I asked.

"This time... I was crucified." She said softly. "My hands were bound to a cross and pierced with platinum spikes, and they pierced right below my sternum... and then I was left to hang."

"Holy Hell." I breathed.

"You've never manifested pain before, Scar." Wrath sat on the edge of her bed. For a man who always seemed to be angry, he sure had a soft spot for her. "Why now?"

"I've never felt as out of place as I do now..." She mumbled. "Or maybe... no that's crazy."

"What's crazy, Scarlett?" Raph asked.

"Maybe I'm... maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I need too..."

"Tell me what you're thinking, Love." I begged.

She gave hunt a trembling pet. "Maybe they're not dreams..." she said softly. "But that's crazy, right?"

"Who would torture you?" Jasper asked, "You're like the nicest demon I've ever met." She met Jaspers pale green gaze and laughed.