Chapter 28

*Scarlett*

Heaven had to be the most boring realm I'd ever visited. Too many rules. Firstly, none of us were permitted to leave out apartment. It was seven days of sleeping and playing cards before I was called for an audience. Secondly, I was only permitted to speak to certain people, Raph, Jasper, the shit-for-brains from the clearing-Gabriel- and the romantic, Incense. And lastly, for how I spoke to God on earth, I was on lockdown until I apologized. It's why I had been locked up for seven days. It's why I was called upon today, dressed in a gown of flowing pink gossamer that Mom would have loved, and it's why all three of us were on out way to some place called "The great hall".

It was a long throne room colored, like everything else in Heaven, in pastels and white. It could have been built on clouds. And at the end of the long room, sat on his throne of sparking gold, was God. He wore a crown now, and instead of those awful robes, he wore a tunic and brown trousers with no shoes. He had one leg crossed over the other and watched as we walked in.

Raph and Jasper stood next to him on one side. Gabriel and Incense stood on the other. We stopped before we reached the gaudy raised dais of glittering gold and white marble. He looked at me, meeting my gaze.

"Hello, niece." He greeted. "Are you well?"

"I've been better." I said. "Should I call you uncle?"

He smiled at me as he stood from the throne and walked off the dais and stood in front of me. "If it would please you."

I looked at him for a moment, narrowing my gaze. "You care about my happiness?"

He lifted a hand to my face and touched my cheek, "My dear, I want you to be comfortable here." He placed a kiss on my forehead and met my gaze again. I couldn't deny his touch felt so near to Mom's that I could have fallen to my knee's. "I fear we've gotten off on the wrong foot."

"Fair point." I said softly. I didn't trust myself to say more.

"Is she here?" A feminine, familiar voice sang through the space.

God smiled at me, "She is." he answered. He held a firm grip on my cheek, he wouldn't let me turn. "My dear, this may come as a shock to you."

I broke his hold, "What?" I turned and my eyes fell on Mom running to me. And I fell to my knees. It... it was Mom, but Mom with golden hair. You could hear the crack of my knees against the marble floors. And I could feel the air slip from my lungs as she slid to her knee's before me.

She pulled me into her, wrapping me in an embrace, it was all I could do to stay still. Was this? She pulled away, brushing my loose orange hair from my face. She traced her hands over my horns. She brushed her finger lightly over my nose and she scanned my body, looking over my black feathered wings.

I took a moment to examine her more. She had golden hair that glowed down her shoulders in soft curls. She wore a gossamer dress, like mine, but white in color, and on her wrists were bands of silver. Large white feathered wings expanded from her back and a ring of light circled her hairline.

"Oh," she sighed, "You look just like her."

"Who?" I breathed.

She paused and smiled, "Your mother." She stood, bringing me with her, "My name is Aurelia. It's good to meet you Scarlett."

I took a step back from her, straight into my uncle's chest. He placed his hands on my shoulder, holding me in place. I looked up at him, "She would look more like her if she glamoured those pesky horns."

"The horns stay." I said firmly. I moved away from him as calmly as possible and back to Wrath and Lust. "Was there something you needed from me?"