Chapter 32

*Scarlett*

I had gone back to my room. My room that. Looked a lot like my apartment on earth. The floors were black marble that had been warmed by the sun all day. It was a stark difference from the clean cut white marble sitting room behind my door. I had a large four poster bed with sparkling sheer golden curtains, hung around the top. The bedding was golden as well, and there had to be at least forty pillows surrounding the bear that helped me sleep every night.

One wall held a door to my bathroom, another room of dark marble and peaceful soft lighting. Next to the door was a balcony, with open doors and billowing sheer black curtains, and next to that was a door to a closet filled with Mom's clothes. They didn't want me. They wanted mom back. I wanted Mom back. There was a small library by a fireplace on the wall across from my bed, and before the flames sat a black settee with gold patterns embroidered on it. There were two black arm chairs as well. There was a square table with four chairs opposite that.

On my balcony was a small circular table to eat at. It would be peaceful. My ceiling was decked out with gold embellishments, and a crystal chandelier. The wall behind my bed was paneled with images of flowers and beautiful naked ladies frolicking. There were two golden nightstands, one on either side of my bed, and they each held a vase of black roses.

Over all the room made me feel comfortable here. I could be me in this room. This space that felt like home. I went into my closet and picked out a set of pajamas. At least they had the silk and lace tank top and short combo I liked to wear. I shrugged the thin material on over my wings and horns and moved into the room.

The color was warm under my feet as I approached the shelf of books. There weren't any interesting titles here. I'd have to continue borrowing books from Lust then. I was about to open a door to Lust in my closet when a knock sounded on my door.

I sighed as I moved to open it. Aurelia stood on the other side, in her pastel gown, with her flowing golden curls. "Hi." I said. She looked so much like Mom. Too much like Mom. I stood their gaping for a long time before I regained my composure. "Come in." I muttered stepping out of the doorway.

She glided into the room as if on a cloud. "Thank you." She said softly, She took a seat in one other the armchairs and waited for me to be seated on the settee before speaking. "What you did with the guardsmen was very brave today." She said softly, "Though I wish it hadn't resulted in violence."

I looked at her for a moment, speaking carefully. "They antagonized me."

She nodded, "I understand that, my dear, but you must learn to handle these incidents like a lady."

"Can lady's in Heaven not fight?" I asked.

"It is... discouraged." She laughed. She looked me over. "You look so much like your mother."

I nodded and lowered my gaze to the floor, "Thank you."

"She would be so disappointed to see you behave in such a barbaric manner."

My gaze snapped to her. No. She did not get to tell me how Mom would feel. "She shot Dad." I said softly. "With a gun. She shot him and he killed her for it. She encouraged me to fight whenever I needed to." She looked at me with indifferent eyes. "You did not know my Mom, you knew your sister. And your knowledge of her ended when she was cast out and forgotten by you."

"She was not forgotten." She said. "She was simply..."

"Cast out." I finished for her. I stood in a swift motion, wings tucking behind me. I opened the door before looking at her. "You may go." I said. "You may leave me to my heathenism. The life style my Mom taught me." She stood and walked over to me, brushing her hand over my cheek.