Talking to Esteban Martinez

At 2:30p.m., Fire orbed in front of a restaurant called Las Caracolas de Amadores in Puerto Rico on the Gran Canaria Islands and went inside. The female maitre 'd walked towards her and stopped in front of her.

Maitre 'd: Are you Fire Stormborn-Martinez, the Supreme Being?

Fire: Um, yes, but I'm not married, yet, so, it's just Fire Stormborn.

Maitre 'd: Well, judgin' by the looks of it, you'll be married, soon. Let me show you to Mr. Martinez. He's practically been waitin' for you for almost an hour and thirty minutes.

They walked towards a man wearing a business suit with his left leg on top of his right and his face hidden behind a newspaper.

Maitre 'd: Mr. Martinez, your guest, Fire Stormborn, is here.

He put down his newspaper and Esteban looked exactly like Damian and the other doppelgangers.

Esteban: Well, well, well, if it isn't the Supreme Being. Please, have a seat, and join me for lunch.

Fire put her hand on the back of the chair and looked at him from head to toe.

Esteban: Is there somethin' wrong?

Fire: No, Senor Esteban, it's just that you look like Damian and Punishment's doppelgangers, but it doesn't look like you've aged at all, and you have a seductive voice that makes a woman get wet. You were in a business meetin'?

Esteban: Yes, about an hour ago, and you can call me Esteban. Please, sit, Fire, and let's discuss whatever comes to our minds.

Fire sat down in her chair.

Maitre 'd: I'll send a waiter your way.

She walked away and a waiter stood between them.

Waiter (smiling): Are you two ready to order?

Esteban: Fire?

Fire: I'm ready when you are.

Esteban: We'll have a bottle of your Caldera Barrica, and for the appetizer, we'll have the Avocado with Norwegian shrimp and toast, and Mozzarella cheese "di buffala" with tomato and basil.

Waiter: Very good, sir. I'll be back with your drink and appetizers in 10 minutes.

He walked away after jotting down their orders on his pad.

Esteban: You look like you just got done torturin' someone.

Fire: Good guess, and it was Luis and Laura that I had tortured. I brought'em out of their desiccated state to reunite as one and to answer my questions.

Esteban: Did they succeed in doin' that?

Fire: Yes, but let's just say that Luis won't be able to pretend to be Damian or your son, Punishment, anymore. I tortured him with different poisons to slow his abilities down and I also linked my doppelganger, Laura, to him, so, she could suffer the same exact fate. You don't almost drain me dry in the tunnels of Egypt and think I won't forget without punishin' you, first, do you?

Esteban: They couldn't control themselves, Fire. Have some respect for them.

Fire: It's easy for you to say, Esteban. You're not the one with the weight of the world on your shoulders, I am. I tried to get Luis to lift the curse off of me and he can't. There're no loopholes, no anything, it's etched in stone. If I die, so, does everybody else includin' the humans. They'll die slowly day by day, week by week, month by month, even year by year. He made me indestructible and what I can't wrap my head around it is why didn't someone tell me this before Damian turned me.