[prologue]

[prologue]                                                                                                                                                                           A/N: thanks for giving this story a chance! I hope you enjoy it :) 

Friday March 15th.                                                                                                                                       

Friday March 15th, that is the day that will haunt my dreams and remind me of the pain I went through over the course of a 24hr day forever. A day that was normal to everyone else-but to me-changed everything.

 They say you can choose your battles. That life becomes what you make it, and the best way to predict your future, is to create it. I thought that was true-the fact that you can walk around the pebbles of the earth, the life underneath, waiting to explode-and choose weather or not your life can turn into anything. On some scales, that is true. For example, I chose to do well in Science by studying all night, and my reward was an A+. I chose to let the small fight that I had with my mother go-and forget it never happened, I also chose live the way God wanted me to. I didn't pretend to be someone that I'm not. At first I thought I could chose my battles completely, but it turned out that I thought wrong. And being wrong doesn't save the little love you have in your life. It destroys it.

 I think back to the days that were hard for me. When I didn't agree with my parents and thought my life was over-well, it turns out that was just the hormones talking. We push our parents away and when they're gone . . . we realize why we need them. I think back to the time where I thought I was worth nothing. Those aching feelings of having no body that's looking forward to seeing you smile. 

 I'm just a girl living in a world I thought was normal, when really, I'm actually a broken girl living in a shattered world. Nothing's perfect, that's what I learned. But you make the best of it. You get your heart ripped out, crushed until it's a crumb, and somehow we were built to stitch it back together.

 It takes a while, a long time actually, to find the right people to help you move on. There will be those who joke around and say 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!' and there will be others who never leave your side, realizing that it takes time to mend a broken heart. A person special in my life told me that some people come into your life as blessings, and others come into your life as lessons.

Friday March 15th, the most important day of my life.

Hold on, no, that's wrong.

There was a woman who in fact came into my life as a blessing, she looked at me with love and kindness, and quoted, 'The two most important days in your life are the day you were born . . . and the day you find out why.'

 Friday March 15th wasn't the day I found out why, but it is sure as hell a day I will never forget. You ready to find out the reason for this?