[nineteen]

[nineteen] "but i'm only human. and i bleed when i fall down. i'm only human, and crash and i break down." -christina perri 

There's a knock on the door and I untangle my arms off of Aiden. The nurse opens it and Margret is standing there, with Casey holding her hand, and Luke holding Joey's.

"Mommy!" Casey screeches and runs off to her, but I stop her.

"Casey, don't go to close to her," I say.

She looks at me weirdly, then asks, "Is she sleeping?"

"Yes, honey. She's taking a nap, so we have to be quiet or else we'll wake her," the nurse replies for me.

I walk up to Margret and she immediately takes me in for a hug. I accept and hold her, whispering in her ear, "She's in a coma . . . I don't know how it happened or anything. Only that she's been like this for a few days,"

She lets go of me and pushes a strand of lose hair behind my ear, "She's going to be fine, okay? Don't jump to the conclusion of her dying soon, because being in a coma doesn't necessarily mean she's gone."

I nod and turn around to face everyone in the room, the police officer is sitting in a chair, Aiden hasn't moved, and Roger Banks is slowly walking towards me.

"She's right, you know," he starts, "you haven't even heard the whole story."

I gulp loudly, "Then what's is the whole story?"

He looks at the officer, signaling him to speak, so he does: "Paris, your mother was kidnapped the night of March 15, as you know. There was a scratch mark on the car door—hers being the passenger door—representing this symbol," he stands up and gets out a piece of paper. Then holds it out, showing me a picture of a logo. It has a capital D on the left, connected with a capital W right next to it in a fancy font.

"I know that part. But what I don't know is how you found her," I say, and from the corner of my eye, I see Margret quietly sending the three of them outside the room. This leaves just me, the officer, Roger, Aiden and Margret—oh and that awfully quiet nurse in the back round.

As he talks, I sit in the seat next to mom's bed, and look at her, not them. "This logo is for Designer Watches, a small company that obviously sells watches. There are three locations in our city that we suspected she would be at, since it was the only solid clue that we knew of for sure,"

"I know about that too," I say quietly, taking mom's hand and intertwining it with mine gently.

I hear him sigh and walk closer to me, "We found her in a Jeep. The windows were open, and she was in the trunk, just sitting there. A few officers rushed into the store—because the Jeep was parked in the back of the building—and they found a man called Derek Mason, does that name ring a bell, Paris?"

I glance up at him, since he's only a few feet away, "No,"

"Well he was the only person in that store at the time, no customers, no other employees. So we took him in."

I jump when he says this and almost yell, "You found who did this to her?!"

"Not exactly," Roger says before the officer—who's name is Lee from the nametag I read—can say himself.

"What do you mean?" Margret asks, her arms crossed over her chest,

"Derek Mason is telling every officer he's innocent, that he didn't take her. We suspect it was him mostly because he admitted that the Jeep she was locked into, was indeed his,"