Chapter 1: Kingstons' POV

Hi, my name is Kingston Martin and today is my sixteenth birthday. Unfortunately, I have no one but the pack to share it with as I am an orphan. Don't get me wrong, I have an adopted family and they're great but I have no biological family. See my parents died in a rogue attack while defending Alpha Carter and Luna Peyton when I was five. My dad was Alpha Carter's original Beta and my mom was Luna Peyton's bodyguard since she was one of the strongest fighters in our pack. After they died, Alpha Carter and Luna Peyton adopted me and raised me as their own along side their son, Aaron, even though I am an Omega wolf. No one in the pack, not even the pack doctors understand how my parents who were both betas gave birth to an omega like me but here I am.

I've always been very shy around most people, guys that I think are cute in particular, though I am comfortable around my adopted family. So, I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the Moons Ceremony tonight as I, along with three others who share my birthday, will be the center of attention. You see when a wolf turns sixteen they are able to find their mate at midnight. Everyone usually looks forward to this but somehow I feel like it's not going to be as happy a time as everyone thinks it will and surprisingly my wolf, Lucifer, agrees. As I sit up in my bed, I close my eyes and focus on him and ask "Hey Luci (my nickname for Lucifer) why does it feel like we're gonna be rejected tonight? I really don't wanna be abandoned by our mate."

"Don't worry King, even if we are rejected I'm sure someone will love and protect us very soon" he says confidently.

"I hope you're right. Will it hurt to be rejected though?" I ask reaching out in my mind to rub the black fur along the side of his head while looking into his violet eyes.

"I wish I could say it won't but unfortunately it will. You may even lose control of one of our powers in the process since we are a rare omega. My suggestion is that you and this person go somewhere away from anyone else before completing the process. Then tomorrow we should go to Alpha Carter and ask him to break the mating bond otherwise we'll be in pain for a long time and may not be able to completely control our powers again." he said in a gentle tone trying to keep me from freaking out.

"I hope uncle will understand and help us." I said in a sad tone.

"I hope so too, King." He answered rubbing his head into my hand.

"Thank you for never thinking my worries are stupid and always having a solution to the toughest ones." I said still sounding sad.

"You're welcome. And I will never think your worries are stupid because your worries are my worries especially this one" he said moving to stare into my eyes.

While I was sitting in bed having this conversation with Luci, my adopted mom came to check on me as I could smell her scent under the door. Knock, knock, knock

"come in" I said moving to sit on the edge of the queen sized bed but looking towards the door.

"Good morning Kingston, happy birthday. I just wanted to check and see if you were up since you still have school today. Hurry up and get dress and come down for breakfast. I made your favorite blueberry pancakes" she said smiling as she came into my room with her blond hair that was pulled back into a ponytail wagging behind her like a tail.

"Okay, I'll be right down auntie" I giggled.

"Alright sweetie, I'll see you down there" she said as she closed my door. I could never bring myself to call Luna Peyton "mom" or Alpha Carter "dad" so I settled on calling them auntie and uncle when were not in a formal setting. They understand that it's not me being ungrateful but respectful to my parents legacy which I'm grateful for. I do love my adopted family but most of all I wish my parents were still here and could do this for me.