Chapter 16: Remingtons' POV

"Let's go upstairs and get ready for the day" I suggested taking Kings' hand. As we left the kitchen heading for the stairs, I could feel Kings' sadness still. So, when we made it to our room, I closed the door and pulled him to the bed. Wrapping him in my arms, I pulled him down on the bed with me and whispered "it's alright bunny. I know you're hurting, let it out." Kissing his forehead, I slowly rubbed his back as his tears began to flow. I knew nothing I could say or do would make him feel better. So, instead I sent all the feelings of love and comfort through our bond that I could. As he clung tighter to me, I whispered "I love you, Kingston and I will always love you. You will never be alone, not ever." Opening our link, he said "I know and I love you too. I can't help thinking that this is all somehow my fault though. If I hadn't been so excited and hopeful about finding you, maybe they'd have never attacked me and you'd still be safe."

"Babe, none of this is your fault. Truthfully, it's neither of our faults. And as for me being in danger, I've been in danger all my life just by existing. You and I mating had been and will always be one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I wouldn't change any part of it. Yes, we're both going to have to deal with a lot of crap and yes, it'll get dangerous but we can get through it together because I know we can handle anything as long as we're together."

"I trust you with my life and my heart" he thought making me smile. Tilting his head back, I kissed him with all the love and devotion I could before breaking it to cuddle with him some more. As we lay there snuggling, I heard a knock on the door and called out "come in." As King snuggled closer, I saw Ali in the door as she took in the scene in front of her. Closing the door, she crossed the room without a word and climbed onto the bed snuggling up behind my mate. Wrapping her arms around him, she whispered "I know you're hurting but I want you to know that no matter what, you have a family who loves you."

"Thank you sweetie" he whispered, his voice cracking from all the tears.

"You're welcome big brother" she whispered back making me smile again. We laid there for another few minutes before Seri said "oh, mom and dad want us to be ready to head to town soon. They want to get King some stuff before lunch since he doesn't have anything."

"Okay, we better get ready then" I smiled as I felt Kings' surprise.

"Yeah," Seri said scooting up to kiss Kings' cheek before she got up and left the room. Laughing, I said "you'll get used to her antics eventually" as King reach up to touch his cheek.

"I think I'm going to like having a little sister" he chuckled back as he leaned his head back to look at me. Looking down at him, I couldn't wait any longer and kissed him as I pushed him onto his back. After making out for a few minutes, I reluctantly broke it and panted "if we keep this up, we won't be leaving this room the rest of the day."

"I'm okay with that but I don't think our family would be" he chuckled back.

"Our family" I repeated smiling in surprised.

"Our family" he agreed matching my smile with a beautiful one of his own. Kissing him again, I moved to get off the bed as he started giggling again. As I walked into our closet to find us both something cute to wear, I heard a phone buzz from the bedroom. Moving back to the door, I saw Kingston standing by the desk with his phone in his hand looking confused and annoyed all hints of his happy mood now gone.

"What's wrong bunny?" I asked as I watched him.

"Aaron. He's being a dick since I won't answer any of his attempts to link me" he said as Luci spoke up saying "it's more than that. He's threatening King saying that if he doesn't prove he's not mated and mate with a wolf than he won't be alive for much longer."

"He what?" I asked aloud causing King to look at me before rolling his eyes and saying "I'm guessing Luci told you. I just didn't want to worry you babe." Putting his phone down, he walked over to me and put his hand on my chest lightly pushing me back until I was against the wall. As we stood there, he pushed his scent out around me calming me almost instantly. After we had stood there for a few minutes, I pulled him to me wrapping my arms around him before asking "so what's our plan love?"

"For now, our plan is to get dressed and go spend time with our family. We'll figure out what to do about that asshole later" he said kissing my chest.

"Alright my love. Though in the future, please don't try to keep things from me" I asked holding him tighter.

"I'll try my love" he smiled. Stepping back, he took my hand leading me into the closet to find us both something to wear. When we were both dressed and ready, we headed downstairs to the living room where auntie, uncle, and Ali were all waiting.

"We ready boys?" uncle said with a smile.

"Yeah, let's go" I said as King nodded with a smile. Climbing in the SUV, we headed to town for some shopping and lunch. We'd been shopping for about an hour and a half when dad asked "is everyone hungry?" We all nodded and then they asked King where he wanted to eat. While he thought about it, I said "I invited Noah, Carly, and Genie along since they're a big part of Kings' life."

"That's okay" auntie said as Seri began jumping up and down in excitement.

"Let's eat at the diner on the far end of town. I think we'll be less likely to run into any supernaturals there which means we should be safe from wolves and vampires alike" he said with a smile.

"Alright dear" auntie said with a smile.