Chapter 12: Remington's POV

As I dropped Seri off at school, I could feel Kings happiness and excitement. Curious, I asked "hey Luci, why is King so happy all of a sudden?"

"He just got the all clear from the doctors. So, he's excited to get out of the hospital since he hates them so much" Lucifer explained.

"Ah okay, well then I'm happy for him too. I can't wait to see him again" I said with a smile as I drove towards the high school.

"We can't wait to see you either Rem" Luci said and I could hear the smile in his voice. As I drove into the lot, I saw Noah and Carly waiting near the front door. Parking, I hoped out and headed their way.

"Hey good morning guys" I said as I got close enough for them to hear.

"Hey Rem, good morning" they said before Noah added "let's go over here and talk since I don't like the looks we're getting from that group over there" as he headed towards the end of the building.

"Yeah, okay" I said as I followed them then added with a smile "I heard King got out of the hospital this morning."

"Yeah, he did. He's beyond thrilled to be out of there too since he hates them so much. He doesn't like needles" Noah explained glancing over his shoulder at me. As we rounded the end of the corner, we formed a semicircle with me leaning on the wall as we talked. After a few seconds, Noah shifted a few steps to his right just before I was attacked by someone kissing me. It took me a second to realize it was King and another minute of shock and surprise before I reacted kissing him back and wrapping my arms around his waist. A minute later, we were interrupted by the sound of giggling and I remembered we had an audience. Opening my eyes first, I watched King as he came back to his senses still shocked by his sudden attack as he opened his gorgeous deep forest green eyes. As we stood there just staring at each other, Noah said "sorry to interrupt but we've gotta get to class" before taking a still giggling Carly and heading around the corner leaving us alone. Another minute passed before I loosened my grip and said "I'm almost afraid to let go. Am I gonna wake up in a minute and realize this was all a dream?" Another minute passed before King giggled and said "no baby, it's not a dream. I'm actually here in your arms. I got the all clear from the pack doctor this morning, though he and my uncle were both stumped as to how, but my arm was all healed up when I woke up. I couldn't wait to surprise you so I told everyone to help me keep it from you."

"Oh my god, I totally wasn't expecting you to kiss me the first time you saw me after getting out of the hospital" I said still in shock.

"Good my job here is done" he said loosening his grip as if to let go.

"Oh no you don't, we still have four minutes until the bell rings" I said pulling him tighter against me and kissing him passionately making him moan in pleasure. Giggling, I broke the kiss and asked "like that huh?" before doing it again making him moan a second time. Breathless, he broke the kiss this time and asked "you just like making me do that don't you?" Smiling, I answered "I could listen to you make that noise and nothing else for the rest of my life." I had meant it as a compliment but he retorted with "well I'd hope you wanna hear more than just that sound from me" in a defiant tone.

Placing my right hand on his cheek and running my thumb over the corner of his beautiful left eye, I said "I want to hear every sound you make, every word you speak, and every thought you send my way. Hell I even wanna hear the ones you don't send my way but that appear in your eyes' making him blush. As I watched, I saw the love in his beautiful forest green eyes as he looked at me and I said "I love you too" which must've shocked him because he made the most adorable face before asking "wait, how'd you know what I was thinking?" Still watching him, I explained "I could feel the love coming through our bond but I could also see it in your eyes. They're very expressive if you know how to translate it." After a few seconds, a confused look spread across his beautiful face and he asked "you're not upset that I didn't say it?" Pretending to think for a minute, I smiled and said "not in the slightest because I'm sure you'll say it when you're ready since this is still new to both of us, I'm okay being the first to say it." Another minute passed before he said "okay, now we really do need to head to class." Releasing him, I let him step back before grabbing his hand and interlocking our fingers as we walked into the building. As we walked, I remembered why he was attacked in the first place. Deciding to protect him, I let go just outside first period and mask my scent on him before heading inside. Shock, anger, and sadness were all I was getting through our bond as I watched him walk into class and take his seat.