Chapter 23: Kingstons' POV

While Rem was busy rescuing our parents, I was antagonizing his uncle. "Why are you here little wolf?" he asked as I stood before his throne. Cocking my head to the side, I thought "is this guy an idiot or is he telepathic?"

"I'm telepathic, not an idiot wolf" he said making me roll my eyes before I retorted "well then you should know that reading someones mind is very invasive and rude" as I felt Rems' hesitation.

"Don't worry love, I'm sure they're there and everything will be fine. As soon as you get to them, teleport them into the woods and then come back for me" I thought into our private link.

"Okay bunny" he thought back before I turned my attention back to his uncle.

"You better be a bit less snarky with me wolf" he snapped prompting me to come back with "or what? You going to kill my family too? Well, I've got news for you they're already dead."

"Not all of them. From what I hear from your adoptive family, your mate and his family are still alive" he smirked. Talking through our private link again, Rem said "bunny, I'll be right back. Don't do anything stupid" making Noah snicker again before I thought back "baby, you should know me better than that. Now get them out of here and get your cute ass back here." Then switching back to my open channel, I thought "my adoptive father and brother are both dead by my hand for trying the same trick you are. So, do you really want to play that game with me?" glad that Rem wasn't getting my negative emotions knowing he'd feel my self loathing if he could.

"From what I hear, you had help with that but here you're all alone" he said with that cocky smirk still plastered on his face. Rolling my eyes again, I snarked "I didn't need help to kill them. Yes, my in laws and even Rem were present for both kills but I killed them alone."

"I said watch your tone with me wolf!" he yelled as a sudden intense pain invaded my right side. Within seconds, the cause of the intense pain vanished leaving just the pain itself. Another few seconds passed before Rems' voice popped into my head and said "Luci, what's going on? What just happened?"

"It's nothing love. I can handle it, just hurry back, okay?" I thought back as Luci said "it's not nothing Rem but King is right, we can handle it just hurry back."

"I don't like this guys" Noah thought sounding worried quickly followed by Rem thinking "I don't like it either." A few minutes later, the pain wasn't bad but the blood loss was enough that I collapsed onto my stomach with my wounded side up. Ten minutes passed in silence before the big ornate oak doors opened again with Rem on the other side. Within seconds of the door opening, Rem asked "Kingston are you sure you're okay?" sounding worried.

"Remington, baby I'm fine. I promise it's not as bad as it looks and my healing magic has already began working on it. Relax and try not to show them how worried you are otherwise they'll know who I am to you and use it against you" I thought back as Rem looked back towards his uncles throne. Stopping to stand next to me, we waited for his uncle to say something and it didn't take very long.

"Hmmm look what we have here, the bastard son of my late brother" he spit, his voice full of venom.

"Well, I guess since you're my uncle that would make us both bastards" Rem smirked just as bitterly.

"We are nothing alike" his uncle yelled making Rem snicker before he said "you're right about that uncle. We are nothing alike."

"Watch your mouth boy" his uncle spit before adding "or I'll kill your precious mate."

"I don't know what you're talking about" Rem said.

"That wolf is your mate. It's already been confirmed by those he used to call family" his uncle smiled evilly from his perch.