05

"You're spacing out since the time you entered the room, Newwiee"

I heard Earth commented, which brought me back to reality. He's right. I might be in the class, but my mind is totally not with me right now. I didn't even notice that the class was already over.

"Are you okay?"

Earth asked, I just gave him a nod before leaving the room, in which he followed.

We are walking silently to the cafeteria, but I can see from the side of my eyes that Earth's looking at me worriedly and as much as I would like to make him feel that I am okay, since I don't want pity from other people, I just don't have the energy to do that now. I am tired, and the talk I had with Gun last night drained all the energy in me.

To be honest, I don't think we had an argument. The talk when I told him that I am quitting was somehow calm and steady but I knew that Gun wasn't really pleased with what I did and it made me feel bothered. I owe Gun a lot. He helped me when I needed someone the most, but I can't just tell him about Tay so I really don't have much of a choice.

"Tell me the reason"

Gun asked, arms crossed in front of his chest.

"I— I can't"

"What the hell, newwiee?? I accepted you when you needed the job the most and now that you're leaving, I just need the main reason why you are quitting all of a sudden and you can't give it to me?"

"Gun, it's not like that—"

"Then what?? Were you harassed by a customer?"

"No"

"Then tell me?"

"I— I just want to do something else"

"So, change of career?"

He asked and I nodded.

"Bullshit"

He said. I know that he won't buy that. He knows me too well.

"Fine. If you feel it would be better not to tell me, okay. I won't stop you, but if I found out that there is something wrong that is happening behind your decision, I will definitely make the person involved pay!"

He said, and I almost want to spill Tay's plan on him, but I do not know Tay and what he is capable of. I prefer not to risk Gun's business, so I just apologize to him, and thank him for everything he did for me.

"Hey New!"

Earth called, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"You're spacing out again"

"Sorry, I was— ahm what were you saying?"

"Are you really okay, New?"

He asked, holding my shoulder, concern all over his face.

"Ah y—yeah! Silly! I am fine! Don't be too paranoid!"

I told him. I forced a laugh, and he seemed relieved the moment he saw me finally laughing, so he ended up laughing as well as we entered the cafeteria.

"I'll order for us. Do you want the usual?"

He asked and I nodded. I occupied our usual table while Earth proceeded to the counter to buy us lunch when I heard my phone beeped. Surprisingly, it's from an unknown number. When I opened it, I instantly knew who it came from.

Unknown:
You're taking too much time, babe. I am not that patient.

I rolled my eyes and ignored the message when I received another one.