14

As soon as we entered Tay's room, I grabbed the neckline of his shirt and pushed him on the wall. Instead of getting scared, he even flashed me a wide grin.

"Easy, New! Is that really the first thing you want us to do inside this room?"

He seductively asked, wrapping his hands at the both sides of my waist. I stopped the need to roll my eyes, instead I immediately released his shirt and yanked his hand.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're bringing me here?"

"It's not a big deal"

He answered naturally as if it wasn't really a big deal before moving our bags to the side of the bed.

"Tay, it's your family's house!"

"And believe me, I know that very well"

"Can you at least talk to me properly?"

I told him, and I am pretty sure that the frustration I am feeling is now visible in my voice. Tay finally sat on his bed and looked at me.

"Can you relax, New? My parents aren't here. They are residing outside the country. Only Nam and her staff are living here. Besides, it's not as if she'll eat you alive!"

"That's not what I am concerned about. What did you tell her about me?"

He sneered. It's not even the right  time for that. I'm very curious as to what Nam meant about hearing a lot about me from Tay.

"Tay"
"Fine! I told her you're my assistant. Okay?"

He said, and as much as I wanted to feel relieved, I also felt something else I really didn't want to entertain, so I just chose to shrug it off. After all, I am really an employee.

"Nam's nice. She won't do something you'll never be comfortable with"

He said, as he walked closer to me. He places his hand on my shoulder, massaging it.

"You don't have to worry, okay?"

He assured me with a smile on his face. I nodded and he told me to change while he checks if the dinner's ready, but not before sharing an argument with him that I won't be sharing a bed with him. Assistants doesn't really sleep with their boss after all.

-

The dinner was fun. I haven't got the chance to eat with someone else other than Tay and Earth for a long time. Nam, like Tay, is very talkative. She was never short of any topic to discuss. Like what Tay said, she never made me feel uncomfortable and at the same time, ensured that I will never feel left out. She's kind and indeed a sweetheart. It's actually fun seeing Tay being so comfortable talking to his sister. They kept on teasing each other and joking around. She even told me how clingy Tay was when he was a kid, and how he cries easily to small things like having a dog, eating good foods and having to swim at the beach. They are pretty close. How I wished I could get to have what they have too, but of course, I will never be able to. I am an only child, so the moment my parents passed, I knew that I needed to get used to being alone.

When the dinner's over, Tay excused himself for a virtual meeting with Off while Nam talked to some of their house staff. I decided to sit outside, in their mini garden to breathe some fresh air.

"Are you not cold?"

I heard Nam ask before sitting on the chair across mine.

"Oh I hope you don't mind that I intruded your alone time"

She asked and I smiled and shook my head at her as a response. We stayed silent for a few minutes, both enjoying the coldness of the air until Nam broke the silence.