Chapter 16 Forgave Won't Forget

(Courtney's POV)

Landez had went and got me something to eat. I sat there and stared into my baby's eyes.

It's official I'm a mommy !

And he looks just like Landez, I have 2 of they ass now. Now it's double the trouble.

The nurse had come in to take L.J to get circumcised. I laid there all sad and shit. He had just came out and I was hooked on him already.

Landez had came back with my food.

"Where Junior?", He asked.

"Getting circumcised ", I said looking sad.

"Ahh shit he gone have a big dick like his pappy!", Landez said.

I swear this boy always seem to cheer me up when needed.

30 minutes later the nurse was rolling my baby back in I was so happy.

"He might be hungry mama", the nurse said.

"Yea whip them tiitties out", Landez said.

The nurse laughed and walked out.

I began to breast feed my little one.

I'm not gone lie it started to hurt. I sat up and burped my baby. He let out a loud burp and went to sleep.

I doze off for a little bit and then had to get up because L.J was crying. He needed to be changed.

I changed him and he went back to sleep. I tried to put him back in the little crib he wouldn't let go of me.

"Aww he like a magnet with his mama", Landez said.

"Bae get him for a while I'm restless", I said.

Landez came and got the baby out my arms. He talked to him for a while before rocking him to sleep.

I dozed back off for about 30 minutes.

There was a knock at the door.....

"Come in", I said.

My eyes widened.

It was my mama! I couldn't even be angry. The tears started flowing.

She stood in the doorway.

"Can I come in?", She asked.

" Yea", I said wiping my tears.

She walked over to my baby and turned to Landez...

"He look like you", she said.

"How you know I was here", I asked.

"Landez", she said.

I was surprised that she knew his name.

"He reached out to me when he found out you were pregnant", she said.

"He help me get clean and I realized that I was a bad mother, I chose a nigga who was no good for me over my kids, I mistreated my child with a disability, and I put him off on you as soon as I birthed him", she said.

My mother was crying. I was sure that she was sincere.

"I know it's too late but I want to be a good mother to y'all, I don't wanna take Cameron from you that's won't be fair to him cause I know he don't care for me", she said.

I sat up and gave my mama a hug. Life is too short for me to hold grudges.

"This is what I wanted for the baby", Landez said.

He left me and my mama alone to talk....

"After your daddy died I didn't know what to do with myself that's how I got hooked on drugs", she explained.

"I was a junky I did bullshit for that shit, I traded my baby for it and fucked any and everybody", she said.

We both sat in the room crying.

" You wanna hold him ma?", I asked .

Her eyes lit up.

"You sure ? If not I understand", she said.

" Ma pick up the baby", I said.

She looked into my baby's eyes and for the first time my baby smiled. She dropped another tear.

"I know I don't deserve it but I need a second chance ", she said

" You got it but don't make me regret it", I said .

She was so happy to hear that.

Landez had came back into the rooms....

"Time to check out", the nurse said.

She put me in the wheelchair and put my baby into my arms. Landez and my mama gathered all my things and followed the nurse downstairs.

My mama loaded everything into the car and Landez put L.J in the car seat. He opened the door for my mother to get in and then the passenger door so I could get in and we headed home....

I got my baby out the car and went into the house. Cameron, Liyah, Rittany, J.T, and mama Tiecy was sitting in my living room.

Cameron jumped up and said "welcome back!"

Everybody laughed.

My mama walked in the house and everybody spoke to her but Cameron. He buried his face In my stomach.

"Go speak to her Cam", I said.

He walked over slowly to her.

"Hi ma", he said.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She pulled him in for a hug. After a little while he hugged her back.

I was so happy.

"I'm sorry", she told Cameron

"It's ok", he said.

I gave L.J to Landez and headed to the kitchen to cook. I was do happy to be mobile again.
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️

After I prepared dinner, I sat the table. Everybody came to the dining room and sat at the table. Cameron voluntary sat next to mama. One apology was all it took.

Everybody joined hands. Landez started to say grace.

"Lord we came to you today thanking you for the beautiful meal my wife prepared for us today, thank you for my beautiful son and the beauty who helped me make him, Lord thank you for helping me help my mother in law to do right by you and her kids and Lord thank you for my beautiful family here at this table Amen."

We ate laughed and it was time to clean up. My mother and Cameron cleaned the kitchen while I changed and put the baby to sleep.

Everybody wanted to spend a night tonight which is fine. For once in my life everything was on good terms. We all sat in the theatre and watched movies.

"Everybody we have an announcement", J.T said.

"I'm pregnant !", Rittany said.

"Ahh shit Daddy Day Care round this Bih", Landez said.

We all laughed.

I was at peace in my life for once. I might never forget everything she put us through but at least I can say I FORGAVE her. ❤️