4 Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Chapter 4 (Things Aren't Always What They Seem)

I walked the few metres home and went into my room. The blood stain was still on the bed.

I went into my bathroom, unwrapped the bandage the Bieber's put on my arm and looked at all the cuts. Holy shit. My entire arm was full of cuts. It was the most cuts I ever got. I wrapped a new bandage around it and phoned Alessia.

''Hey, Alessia, um... Can I sleep at your's tonight?' 

''No! Dude, I told you I'm having a date with Austin tonight, it's gotta be puurrrrfect'' 

''Okay, so...'' 

''Talk to you later, bye!''

She hung up before I could finish my sentence. Great. My saturday evening was going to be another nightmare.

***

At night I sat on my porch, where the blood apparently was cleaned up, and started to play with my guitar. I sung along to it.

I don't know why, I don't know why,  

I'm so afraid,  

I don't know how, I don't know how 

to fix the pain

we're living a lie, living a lie 

this needs to change

I sung 'Stop The World' by Demi Lovato.

I put my guitar on the ground and looked at Justin Bieber's house. It was a beautiful big house, with a white fence around it. I considered knocking on his door, but then I decided not to. What was I thinking? He is a mega popstar, why would he care about his 17 year old neighbor?

I got up, but then I heard my phone ring. My ringtone 'Turn up the music' by Chris Brown started playing. I sang along to it for a few seconds and then picked up.

''Hello?'' 

''Hi, here's James... Your uh... Your friend Alessia gave me your uh... phone number...'' 

''Sorry, but, who are you?'' 

''I'm James, I'm new at your school...'' 

''Oooooooh. Hi, James, what's up?'' 

''I thought maybe we could... uh... you know... Go out today?'' 

''Yeah! Sure, I would love that! Do you wanna go bowling?'' 

''That's cool. So the one in Beverly Hills, in the centre?'' 

''Do you mean Beverly Bowling?'' 

''Yeah. So see you then?'' 

''Totally. See you, bye!''

I hung up unsure of what I should think. Did James have a crush on me? What if we would start dating? He is quite attractive. I went inside the house, forgot about my mom, and raced into my room.  

I picked out a white dress that came to the middle of my thies, and red cute flats. As I pulled my dress on I hurried to the bathroom.

I grabbed my favorite red lipstick I bought from a secondhand shop and applied it carefully. Then I added some black cheap mascara to finish it off.

***

I waited at the entrance for James to arrive. As I saw a young boy walk towards me, I looked at him and said: ''James!'' The boy looked at me like I was from outerspace. I realized it wasn't him. Awkward.

I felt hands over my eyes. ''Guess who?'', I heard a familiar voice say. James.  

''Hi James!'', I squealed as I turned around.  

We stared at each other for a second, until he said: ''Wanna go in?'' I felt myself blush.  

''Yeah, we should go in...'', I commented quietly.

Why did it feel like he didn't like me? It seemed as if he totally wasn't into me. Or was it just me? It just felt weird.

***

''Almost strike!'', I bawled when the bowling ball almost hit all the pins. I sighed and gave the ball to James. ''You're up next'', I whispered flirtatiously before I stroke his arm as I passed him. He didn't react to my flirtatious action, he just focused on the bowling pins.

Did I smell bad? What was wrong with him?

He came up to me and sat down. ''Wanna take a break?'', he asked friendly.  

''Sounds good.'', I smirked at him

Should I make the first move? Usually girls don't make the first move... But I think, I should now.

He leaned in closer. This is my chance. I shut my eyes and formed my lips into a pout. I waited for his lips to touch mine, but nothing happened. When I opened my eyes he sat there with his jacket in his arms. His eyes were widened in disgust and confusion. I knitted my eyebrows.

''What's wrong with you?'', he asked.  

I was stunned and shocked. I sighed. ''What's wrong with me?'', I snarled. ''You are asking me, what's wrong with me?'' 

''Yes.'', he quickly responded.  

''I thought you were going to kiss me!'', I blurted out. He frowned. He looked to the ground and then back at me. ''I just wanted to grab my jacket quickly. Chill!'', he snapped at me.  

''What are you? Why didn't you kiss me? I thought you liked me...'', I murmured in disappointment.  

''I'm gay!'', he suddenly chuckled.

Great. I felt like an absolut jerk now.

He stared at me in sympathy. ''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you...'', he apologized.  

''No. I just...'', I stood up and fiddled with my thumbs. He came closer. I felt his hand tickle my stomach and my neck. ''Stop it! Haha!'', I laughed loudly. He hugged me.

''Doesn't mean we can't, not be friends, right?', he looked at me with joy in his eyes.  

''No, of course not.'', I grinned at him in a bestfriend kinda way.

***

We drove the taxi home to my house.

''Hey, can I sleep at your's today?'', he asked me in a desperate tone.  

I felt my hands turn sweaty and my nerves go crazy. He can't just come and see my family! No one's going to find out! Not even James Parks will! I totally forgot about the blood spot I didn't clean up yet...

''Uh no...'', I realized I just snapped at him for no reason. I tried to come up with something.  

''Family dinner. Yeah... We have those, like... Everyday basically... 'Kay bye!'', I turned around and walked towards my house. I looked back at him, before I entered the new house. I smiled and then stepped into the house.

Yay! I found a new boy bestfriend!

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

Author's note: Please give me advice on stuff that I keep messing up... Tell me what you think about it ;) Thanks sooooo much