13 Accept It, When It's Close Enough for You to Grab

Chapter 13 (Accept It, When It's Close Enough for You to Grab)

It was 9PM and Pattie had finally arrived from shopping.

Justin and I were both on the couch, after we had our talk in his bedroom.

His mom exhaustedly dropped the grocery bags on the ground. She sighed and moaned: ''Gosh! There was so much traffic! Sorry, it took so long!''

Justin and I shrugged at the same time.

I slowly stood up and demanded Justin to do the same. He perked up rapidly . We slowly sauntered over to his mom and awkwardly stood there. She was in the kitchen, unpacking the groceries.

When she realized Justin and I were standing there, she looked up at us.

''Anything you guys wanna tell me?'' she asked.

I was preparing myself to speak, but Justin budded in. ''Umm, Katy thought she might need a little break of everything, before she's going to school...''

Pattie didn't seem to understand yet, because her brows furrowed.

''She really has a lot going on, and so do I. We thought we could both go to Disneyland to get our minds off of things... Can she go with me?'' he asked.

When he said can she go with me, I felt butterflies appear in my stomach.

Stop, Katy. Seriously. Stop.

He's a celebrity. A really sucessful one. Stop thinking about fantasies.

I shook off the thoughts, as if I was shaking dust off of my shoulder.

When I finished giving myself a lecture, I realized Pattie was wearing a perplexed expression. She heaved a heavy sigh, and then glimpsed over at me.

''Katy, I don't know... I mean, you're sort of under my responsibility... If I let you go, what kind of person would I be? It would be so irresponsible of me...'' she murmured. She hesitated a lot.

''Yeah, but mom, look what's going on in her life.'' His eyes widened, referring to the fact that my life was a mess. He probably didn't realize I was staring at him from the side. When he turned, to look at me, I averted my eyes from him and felt a little flush on my cheeks. Luckily it was dark enough, so he couldn't notice.

The lights were dim.

She pressed her lips together, until it looked as if the'd completely diminshed, and quickly glanced at me. She was about to say something, but hesitated.

''Fine, you can go, Katy. I'll say, you are sick, but you definitely cannot tell your friends... I don't know... I'm still not being too sure about this... I.... I mean...'' she stuttered towards the end.

''Dont worry, mom. She'll be safe with me. She needs it.'' he declared.

Yet again I felt my cheeks blaze.

Justin gave her a reassuring nod and made his million watt smile.

***

''I don't like sweets! Jus-Justin!'' I giggled. ''Stop rub... Stop rubbing s-sweets on my mouth! Justin!''

He made an adorable grin and began laughing as well. His arms dropped with the sweets on his hands.

''I don't understand how you could not like these...,'' he gushed.

He kissed the sweets, as his eyes were locked together. I tittered. ''This is the disneyland tradition! You gotta have at least one of these...,'' he suggested.