Chapter 10

Maybe someone can predict the future but no one could stop it from happening. Maybe you can call someone a protector but they're not always by your side to protect you. And maybe they think that you're useless but who knows if you had a secret ability.

Nagising ako nang may mapansin akong matiim na nakatitig sa akin. When I opened my eyes, Heaven is staring at me in the couch while Lixe is leaning on the door and crossing her arms. I glanced at the balcony and I just realized that the sun has risen up.

What time is it?

"Hi, good morning. Sorry kung naistorbo namin ang tulog mo. Gusto lang kase naming magpaalam bago umalis."

My brows furrowed at Heaven and then to Lixe."W-Where are you going? Mamamasyal ba kayo sa Town at hindi niyo ako isasama?"

"No, it's not that. Pinapatawag lang kami at ang mga cena namin ng councilors. We need to get ourselves prepared for the rebirth of the Dark Magic. Kailangan naming paghandaan 'to para ma-protektahan ang school natin. We can't just stand here while the enemies were starting to build a colony." It's Lixe who explained their mission.

The Dark Magic... 'yong kagabi, sila ba 'yon?

"It's okay, I understand. Babalik naman kayo kaagad, 'di ba?" I asked, hoping that they will be back as early as possible.

Heaven let out a sigh, shaking her head reluctantly."Sad to say, we're going to stay there for 3 days. Ayaw naming iwan ka dito pero hindi kase basta-basta ang pag-uusapan namin eh. We want to accompany you but it's the councilors who called us. Para rin naman 'to sa kaligtasan natin kaya maiiwan ka talaga namin dito."

"Girls, I can handle myself here. Don't say goodbye as if we're not going to see each other again. At saka, nandito naman si Red kaya may kaibigan pa rin ako kahit wala kayo ang at cena natin."

They both looked at each other, having a conversation with their eyes."Nia, isasama ni Madam Ovrey si Red. She's so overprotective to her brother that's why she wants to bring him. Pero 'wag kang mag-alala, kaibigan mo naman sina Elora at Hendix kaya hindi ka pa rin mag-iisa."

"Hmmm, gano'n ba? Okay, sige. When are you going to leave?"

Tumingin si Heaven sa wall clock dito sa kwarto ko at ngumiti ng pilit."Ngayon na. We're running out of time, Niane. So, pa'no? Una na kami. Let's see each other after three days."

"Mami-miss ko kayo. Bye! Ingat!"

When they're finally out of my sight, I stood up from my bed and opened the curtains of my balcony to see them. But I was stiffened on what I saw in front of me. Master Jy---I mean Zandrei is standing in my balcony. Dahil sa gulat ay natataranta pa ako nang buksan ko ang sliding door para makapasok siya.

"W-What are you---"

"I'm here to give this to you. I'm gone for 3 days just like your friends that's why weren't gonna see each other for a while. Okay na ba sa'yo 'to?" He handed me the two jar of his blood that's why I accepted it immediately.

"A-Ang dami naman nito. You seemed to be donating your blood for me as if I'm sick," natatawa kong sagot.

"You're always looking for my blood so I won't be surprised if you'll finish it directly in just one day. But be sure that this will last for three days to make you satisfy. Kumain ka rin para ma-balance ang nutrients sa katawan mo at hindi lang puro dugo." He gave me a half-smile and messed up my hair.

Natigilan ako saglit sa ginawa niya pero agad din naman akong natauhan nang mapagtantong sobrang lapit na ng mukha niya sa'kin. Why is he... doing this to me? I tried not to exhale because I don't want him to smell my bad breath.