Chapter 21

Don't be afraid to revisit the past. There's beauty in doing the things you forgot and finding joy in them once again. Life gives us second chances to relive the forgotten moments, and in doing so, we create new memories that are even more remarkable. Will I choose to live in the present without remembering the past? Or letting the past change the path I'm going to take in the present?

"Hanggang dito na lang kita pwedeng ihatid. Hindi ako pwedeng makita ng kahit sinong bampira, mapaparusahan ako."

I gave her warm smile."It's alright. I should be thankful to you, Alexia. Pangalawang beses mo na akong niligtas."

"You don't have to mention it. Hindi ka naman masamang tao kaya okay lang. Mag-iingat ka."

Gumaan ang pakiramdam ko dahil hinatid niya ako mismo rito sa taas kung saan makikita ko ang buong town hall. It was a risk for her. Kung tutuusin hanggang sa labas ng haunted forest niya lang ako dapat ihatid dahil 'yon ang utos ni Lezonra. But she insisted to bring me here even though she's not allowed to wander outside Hydera Penha.

Huminga muna ako ng malalim bago bumaba ng town hall. As usual, there were vampire commoners everywhere. Of course, this is like a city where most of them live. Palihim kong nilabas ang perlas na binigay sa'kin at umilaw ito sa kaliwang direksyon. I was wearing a hoodie so that no one could notice me. Although I know very well that I smell a hundred percent of human.

Huminto ang pag-ilaw nito sa harapan ng isang lumang tindahan. There were spider's web in every corner of the store that's why vampires thought no one stays here. Nasa pinakadulo ng bahagi ng town hall ito makikita at wala talagang dumaraan rito. I can even feel the spooky vibes as I step in front of the door.

"You're here! Niane, right?"

Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko nang biglang bumukas ang maliit na bintana at maya-maya ay bumukas na ang pinto.

"Y-Yes. You're Nimfa?"

She smiled widely and gestured me to come in. I looked around her place and I find it really old. Mga luma na rin ang mga kagamitan niya sa loob at hindi ko alam kung para saan 'yon. But everything's organized and clean, I don't know why it looked so creepy outside. Hindi niya ba napapansin na maalikabok na ang pinto niya sa labas kaya walang pumupunta rito?

"Are you selling things? Parang walang pumupunta rito," I said out of a sudden.

She offered me something to drink."It's a hot chocolate tea, no poisons or whatever you call it. And no, wala naman akong binebenta, dito lang talaga ako nakatira."

"O-Okay.."

May nilapag siya sa harapan ko, isang bolang krystal. I saw something like this on Lezonra's desk but it is a different one. Its crytal clear. I can even mirror myself if I look at it.

"Lezonra told me that you want to talk to your parents from the other side. Are you sure about that?" she asked me.

I nodded."Y-Yeah. Besides, Lezonra's your mother right? Why call her using her name?"

"I didn't grow up with her so we don't have a strong bond. And I don't want to tell anyone that she's my mother, its the biggest secret that only me and the creatures of Ivoire knows. And you, Niane. I bet you won't tell anyone about it," she explained and held my hand before closing her eyes.

"Yeah, I got it."

Hindi naman ako nakikisawsaw sa buhay ng iba kay wala na rin akong tanong. I just hope that Lixe won't read my memory or Master Jyron won't use his ability to know where I came from. Ayoko namang may tinatago sa kanila pero personal na bagay din naman to para sa'kin. So I can say that its valid for me to refuse.