Chapter 13

Everything starts in a question that leads to presumption and is followed by a wrong decision so it needs clarification. Maybe because we always let our mind think negative and it controlled us to do things that we're not supposed to do. Thus, the heart will demur because feelings is powerful than anything. Is it a battle between heart and mind?

"Feel your surroundings, Ms. Azore. You should calm yourself to know where your opponents are. Not at all times, the eyes can see the real point to catch the enemy."

Sinunod ko ang sinabi niya kahit na paulit-ulit ko nang narinig 'yon sa kanya. Everytime she's going to release a punch, it will always caught me off guard. Masyado kaseng magulo para sa'kin ang paligid at kinakabahan din ako.

Who wouldn't be?

Ikaw kaya ng piringan at inaatake tapos hindi mo alam kung paano sasalagin ang mga atake niya. Even if she already told me to calm down, still the pain in my body distracts me.

Naalala ko bigla ang sinabi niya sa'kin kaya agad ko itong sinunod. I calmed down myself, feeling the surroundings just like what she'd said. I could hear the flapping sound of the air that is circling me to make me feel dizzy. Her fast moves and so with her feet running all around me.

Nang maramdaman kong tumigil siya saglit ay saka ako naghanda para sumalag sa atake niya. Being calm could really help to determine the action of your opponent. She's at my back, preparing to attack my right shoulder so my breathing become slower. And when she was about to release her attack, I immediately turned around to stop her first and turn it around before kicking her stomach.

Tinanggal ko ang piring ko sa mata at tiningnan siya."Seems like I've learned this lesson that easy, Winslet. How was that?"

"It's pretty good, Ms. Azore. But almost all of the students in this Academy knew that technique. I taught you this for your additional knowledge so that you're aware what to do in this kind of situation. It's just a piece of cake for them."

Bumugsangot naman ang mukha ko sa sinabi niya."You don't really know how to light up my mood. Natural lang naman na alam nila kase they're vampires pero ako hindi pa. The purpose why I wanted to train so bad is to be ready when I already became one of them. Gusto kong may alam na ako bago pa man ako maging bampira para hindi nila masabi na useless ako."

"Until when are you going to listen to them? Do you know that the more you let them see your fears in everything, the more they will judge you until you felt down to yourself."

"Oo naman, nasanay na nga ako eh. I stayed here for a month now so what's the point of arguing with them? Kahit naman anong gawin ko hindi pa rin nila ako gusto. And I'm not the type of girl that wants to force myself just for them to like me. Hello? I'm not stupid like the first time I entered here." Tinanggal ko ang gloves ko sa kamay at sinuot pabalik ang pajama at saka jacket ko.

"You're soft when it comes to everyone and you can stay like that as much as you want. But shouldn't forget the reason why are you fighting for, Ms. Azore. To protect yourself in this world where killings are normal to do."

Umuwi akong lutang dahil hindi pa rin mawala sa isip ko ang sinabi ni Winslet. She never failed to give me advices that hits me deeply. Lahat naman ng sinasabi niya totoo kaya tinatandaan ko.

The only problem is... I-I can't kill!

"Nakapatay na ba kayo kahit isang beses?" wala sa sariling tanong ko sa kanila.

Lixe raised her eyebrow, confirming if I'm just joking or not."Why do you ask? M-May napatay ka ba? Tell us... we'll promise to keep our mouth shut."

"No, wala pa naman. I just want to ask if what's the feeling when you killed someone."